Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   Scored another one. (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/306601-scored-another-one.html)

SilentBob2 07-28-2020 03:25 PM

Scored another one.

So we get a call earlier from a guy that said I got your number from a friend. He has a cj6 that needs a home. Said he will give it to us as long as we don't scrap it. Not a problem. I will post some pics tomorrow if all goes well.. I know it's rough but really don't care.

SilentBob2 07-29-2020 07:24 AM

Yep, we got it. Steering column needs a little attention and passenger side quarter needs some attention and typical floor rust but pretty solid rig. It has the pto driven winch on the front so its a good score. Has a huge rat nest under the hood so I will get some pics after we get it pressure washed today.

Jim_Lou 07-29-2020 08:22 AM

Man, you know some great people who know some great people! And a PTO winch! I've never seen one other than mine! What a score!

SilentBob2 07-29-2020 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here we go

SilentBob2 07-29-2020 12:22 PM

Made for a late night but you know when something like that comes up and zero dollars, you just suck it up and lose the sleep..

SilentBob2 07-29-2020 08:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All cleaned up.

SilentBob2 07-29-2020 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One of the cool parts.

SilentBob2 07-29-2020 08:52 PM

Had some cooper take offs from the wife's mail truck that we put on so we can roll it around. Motors not seized so hopefully we can clean up the wire mess the rat made and try to get it started. The guy said it drove into the barn four years ago but who knows.

Jim_Lou 07-30-2020 05:07 AM

That's amazing! What year is it?

SilentBob2 07-30-2020 08:25 AM

I believe the title says 1957. My son has the title with him so he can go to the DMV and see if its going to be a hassle. It has a t.o.d on it and signed by the lady it was transfered too but it was dated back four years ago and Missouri gets weird on that stuff. Might have to get my brother inlaw to tag it in Arkansas first. My m715 title is a mess. I can tag it in Arkansas but not missouri because in the state of texas, there are five things titled with the same number.