Off Roading Forums banner

Are jeeps an addiction?

2K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  SilentBob2 
#1 ·
Not like I need anymore jeeps sitting around that don't run. Guy comes in yesterday needing tires for his mom's car, he has and old ford gpw sitting there on leaf springs no axles. Tried to get it a few years ago and he wasn't ready to part with it. It has the three point pto drive under the rear. He also has a jeep cab over sitting there with a home made boom on the back for whatever. He says I will trade you both jeeps for some tires.. Gave it some thought and I think I'm going to do it.

#4 · (Edited)
I knew if I thought to long I would have talked myself out of it. My son is chomping at the bit saying just call mom so I was like yah I don't know. When the guy got home he sent my son pics of the clean titles and that's when I decided yah I better call the boss lady.. Lol. He has a bunch of old cars out there that his grandfather had collected over the years. He has a 56 ish IH truck that would make a perfect shop truck that I ask about every time I see him but can't get it yet.

#6 ·
The FC had a twenty foot boom on the back that we took off and left. Turns out the guys grandfather had it set up to pull well pipe. The little winch set up he had on there is the coolest ******* engineering I have seen. I will have to get a pic and try to get it posted. I say ******* but you can tell there was a lot of thought and skill that went into it. Turns out I was wrong on the ford gpw though. For some reason I thought I saw a ford logo stamped in the back but thats ok. Still has the pto drive on the back not that I will ever use it but still cool.

#10 · (Edited)
Thats all it is. I know the guy had a bunch of rental properties and done appliance service on the side. There is a voltage regulator wired up on the dash that ran to four starter solinoids screwed to a piece of wood with small gauge and heavy gauge wire that ran out by the winch to two more solinoids and I believe the electric motor is an old wash machine motor. I don't know what or how it all worked but I guess it did. The grandson says there is stuff like that all over that his grandfather made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.