Off Roading Forums banner

Willy's jeeps..

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Jim_Lou 
#1 ·
On my lunch hour I have been watching some YouTube and found this series with an older gentleman driving his what I would say almost stock willys through Moab with some other flat fender buddies. Couple of them are modern modified and some obviously trans case regeared and lockers but all I can say is, impressive!!!! Guys might want to check them out...

#4 ·
My oldest boy goes out there at least once a year. He is still doing the events with land Rover where he teaches people do's and dont's. I think it was last year or the year before he done a roll over recovery class. Pretty cool, he gets paid and fed to go for the week. He keeps telling me I really need to go.

#6 ·
Wow, guess they were recently in my backyard. They just posted some videos of them at the rush springs off park on the other side of the county. You can tell in the videos that wheeling in the Ozarks is quite a bit different than Moab. My son says you wouldn't believe the traction you get in Moab versus what we have here...

#8 ·
Bob, I've never been a fan of lifting and big tires and wide track. Every mod like that has advantages but also disadvantages. Being narrow my Jeep can fit between trees and through narrow places that full-size axles can't. Being stock height makes it more comfortable on the street.

I've always maintained that getting the most out of whatever you have is fun by itself - it's reading the terrain and picking the best line that is most satisfying to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.