Custom seat bracket pics-- and my jeepchick - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 08:17 AM
Robert87yj

Custom seat bracket pics-- and my jeepchick

Here are some pictures of the seat brackets that I made for my 87yj. They fit the 91 Mituibiishi Eclipse seats in the Jeep nicely. see pictures below.

Here is my jeepchick too while I'm at it. I'm working on making her "official" I am going ring shopping at the end of this month with her dad. I'll let everyone know how it goes...

Robert87yj[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>engine rebuild w/4.0 head done, now for the MPI</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 08:46 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Custom seat bracket pics-- and my jeepchick

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] The little moonguys[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]all say........WOWWWWWWW...Hope your kids all have those eyes[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]!!!! Er...nice seat brackets Robert, believe me when I say I KNOW how much time it takes to do that[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] transfer case team.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 10:22 AM
Robert87yj

Dave,
Thanks for the positive feedback. The seat brackets taught me about pinhole burns. They don't scar, but they sure do make welding uncomfortable.

<font color=blue>engine rebuild w/4.0 head done, now for the MPI</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 10:41 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] My worst burn....that I STILL carry the scar from.....I got from my wire-feed machine. I was all done welding and the guy says: "Oh....can you weld this little bracket up here on the side?" I had already taken off the leathers. So I foolishly welded the bracket and tons of hot material came down on my forearm past the end of the welding gauntlets. SHEESH! How dumb I was.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]It's only been in the last few years since I sold my business that my underwear supply has gradually got to the point where every tee shirt and shorts no longer have little pinholes in them[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]You did a nice job on those brackets, Robert.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] transfer case team.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 10:59 AM
Robert87yj

Thanks again, they took a long time. A lot of test fitting. I thought they would never get done.

I have also experienced the bad burns. I was recently welding up my make shift exaust; it is makeshift because I'm going to get the yj over to Midas as soon as it runs so they can make me a new down-pipe. Any way, I was welding up on the pipe with it held together with tie wire and bolted to the new exaust manifold. I couldn't see exactly what I was welding on one of the tacks and I also didn't see the molten drip that dripped under my shoulder. When I was satisfied with the tacks I laid back on the drive way putting my right shoulder on top of the molten metal. Man that hurt. I hit my head pretty hard on the spring hanger trying to roll out from under the jeep to get away from what was burning me. It is still healing up even now. Made my jeepchick worry about me every time I mention that I am going out to weld something up. My only regret is that my favorite sweat shirt has a hole big enought to squeeze a couple of fingers through in it now; that and the big scab behind my shoulder.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 11:13 AM

Yep, that lovely gal ought to keep you, ya do good work!
I'm three kinds of jealous ..
Your obvious welding and construction skills,
Your good taste in women *don't let her out of your sight!*,
and the wonderful adventure of a promising, happy life together.
My best wishes to the both of you.

JAF
*approaching the 25th wedding anniversery to my one and only Jeep Chick*
(she drives a GC and still likes to go camping!)

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 11:37 AM
Wrangler88

WOW she looks like a hottie!! err, i mean that jeep looks nice hahah, just kiding, hope everything goes great and the best of luck to you and your knew wife...are u gonna rent one of those jeep limo's for the wedding??

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd / 31"BFG AT's
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 11:48 AM
Robert87yj

I don't know about a jeep limo, but I did convince her that I could build her the ultimate family vehicle--A CJ8. After seeing one she agreed, but with a hard top, soft top, full rollcage, 2nd backseat; she even requested a stick shift instead of an automatic. I don't know when I'll have the money to build up a CJ8, but I know that if she is behind it, I'll get it done. She use to want a hummer until I showed her the picture posted some time ago of a CJ pulling a Hummer out of a mud hole. Thanks to who ever posted that, sorry I can't remember.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 04:25 PM

Very impressive work on the seat brackets...bet you could sell a few of those. Congrats on the future family!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
JK
O|||O
78CJ5 360
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 05:08 PM

Nice looking gal.
Congrats on finding someone to share all the future experiences with. Its a good life when you have someone that shares the same interests,adventures,hopes and dreams. My time spent on the trail with Jeepchick has been real enjoyment. Teach her how to change a U joint and youll have trully found bliss, heheheh it really is awsome to hear your gal, say, "Hey you want me to change out that starter, while your getting the fire goin?".
Nice fabrication on the brackets, I wish my welding looked that good.

Jeff
89 Wrangler
If at first you dont succeed, your replacement will try and try again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode