External Distributor Gear Oiler - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2000, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Journeyman

External Distributor Gear Oiler

I searched the archives for the external distributor gear oiler and there were several posts but I couldn't find the actual description of this modification[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. Sorry to bring up an old subject but this has to be a very important mod. I want to put this on my Waggie. She is an 89 Grand Wag with a 360.

She had been running kinda doggie last winter and I had the Motorcraft 2150 rebuilt. Bad power valve, excess gas was flooding two cylinders(?) and fouling the plugs badly. Incidentally that was the cause of the blowby that was filling up my air filter housing. She has run so great since that I finally got around to installing the TFI coil, wires etc (TR upgrade). I didn't think it would make that much difference since she was running so much better than last winter. Boy was I wrong[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. She starts up on the first spark and runs out and idles smoother than ever. Thanks again TR, that upgrade even has my wife driving my CJ[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]. That could be a bad thing if she gets carried away, or a good thing if she decides she needs a Jeep too[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

At any rate could someone please steer me to the right link or E-mail me with the details for the distributor gear oiler? This truck is just too good to let the AMC oiling problems foul things up. Thanks for any help.

Brit [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
85 CJ7 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2000, 06:39 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: External Distributor Gear Oiler

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Er......Brit,....this has been one of those "all talk" upgrades, since I'm not skilled enough to know how to scan these pages in. I have a "pictorial" showing how to do the upgrade, and I guess I could mail you a color copy. Jayanger has one that he may be able to scan in.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] transfer case team.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2000, 08:10 PM
Addict

No problem Dave. It will take me a little doing to get it within the proper confines of a single post - but give me a few hours - or 24 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] and I will have it up.

Liberals don't mind being lied to . . . they just want to be lied to by someone they trust!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2000, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

Thanks fellas,
One of the posts mentioned a Parts Mike kit or some such thing. Or is this a do it yourself upgrade? I appreciate your help. I really like this Waggie, she is running so great she's purring. It must be about time for a sweet nickname. Thanks again for steering me down the righteous road.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Brit [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
85 CJ7 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2000, 10:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Yes...the "Partsmike" name is attached because the outside oiler line to the timing gear is Mike's brainchild. My pictorial is the first written material on the upgrade that I know of, and incorporates some of my own improvements and techniques that enhance Mike's original idea. Naturally, the oiler pictorial gives him full credit as well it should. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] transfer case team.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 09:34 PM
Addict

Got all the photos done - now a matter of putting into a document form. It would take several posts to do them all (10 photos + how-to text), or I can just create an Arcobat (.PDF) file and post it for download on a link. The Arcobat reader is free for download at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html. Personally, I would recommend doing it this way as this will also enable you, Dave, to ship this to whomever in the future via e-mail and save on time and postage. Also, the photos will be full 3x5 optimized for screen viewing instead that blasted 100k mini playing card photos we have to deal with here.

I just need more time to finish the project - I got home late today, and have I been battling intermittent power outages due to severe thunderstorms here thus not getting much work done on the computer - but this will give you time to respond to your preference of documents anyway.

BTW Dave - Thanks for letting me "repay" you a little with this tiny favor! I am very appreciative of all the great technical help you have given on my project!

Liberals don't mind being lied to . . . they just want to be lied to by someone they trust!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 10:05 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Ackerbat? Acrebot? Angloblot? Er....ah sure, Jay[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] whatever will work the best[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]I have NO IDEA how any of this works, so I'll leave it up to your good cyberjudgement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 07:05 AM

JA...fantastic idea! we really appreciate the trouble of doing this for the board. I started an e-file on all the great ideas I find on this board...this will get added and maybe one day I will be able to put it to use

CJDave and all those that are not familiar with Adobe Acrobat...go to http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html to get the reader version to be able to read adobe documents...jk

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
JK
O|||O
78CJ5 360
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 09:39 PM
Addict

Sent the rough draft of the Arcobat document to Dave. As soon as he proofs it and puts his necessary info in I'll revamp the final layout and get it posted with a link.

Be patient . . . its coming soon!

post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2000, 07:35 PM

You can steal Acrobat off the Holley web site too...
I think it's version 3.0 or better, and it's just the basics so it doesn't take weeks to download.
Holley did there carb identification in acrobat, and the only thing I don't like about it is you can't print it out like I want it...

Good luck guys,
Aaron.

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode