installing lift on YJ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

installing lift on YJ

anyone got a leaf spring lift installed on YJ recently by a shop? what did it cost you for labor? i'll be buying one and wanted to estimate total expences, since i'm not comfortable yet doing it myself.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 09:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: installing lift on YJ

In Bis ND my buddies jeep was from minnesota and was a little rusted underneath. To instal 4.5" RE extreme it cost him $350 they told him normally it would have been $275 but since so many broken bolts and a little welding it cost extra.
Jeff

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 11:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just had the RE 4.5 Extreme Duty put on my Jeep and it took the shop I went to 13 hrs due to rusted bolts and the odd few other problems... it ended up costing me $930 CAN

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2000, 09:59 AM
Veteran

My buddy and I did my lift ourselves. It was our first time doing a lift and it wasn't that difficult. It was time consuming because it was our first time but if you have the slightest mechanical knowledge you can do it. Also what helped us out was that we live near a military base and have access to a hobby shop that has all the tools that you could possibly need. BTW the cost to have the lift put on would've been $300-350 at the two local shops.

I may not like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Semper Jeep
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2000, 11:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Doing a lift is not that hard. All it takes is a little reading, a LOT of sweat, and some time. If you can changes your own oil you should be able to do it yourself, and its a great bonding experience for you and your jeep.( not to mention your wallet) Plan it for a weekend, and get a friend to help out, and you can always count on the help from the forum if you run into trouble.

94 Wrangler w/4.3 CPI Vortec
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2000, 03:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had the black diamond 4" suspension installed for $175 at John Walls 4x4 shop in Memphis, Tennessee. The kit (complete) cost $450. It took about 4 hours. It was nice to drive in and drive out in a few hours with no busted knuckles. You can see John Walls jeep in 4x4 power July 2000 magazine. I also had him install my shackle reversal (warrior) for $150. The shackle reversal cost $225.00

John
89YJ-350V8,etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode