4Wheel Parts Wholesalers SUCK - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 03:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

4Wheel Parts Wholesalers SUCK

Just a word of caution. I have been trying to get my parts from 4WPH for 2 weeks now. I have had to check up on them almost daily. Originally they said it would take 5 days! They had my name spelled wrong, my number was wrong (Which makes it really difficult for the freight company to get in contact with me for delivery.) If I had a nickle for every miniute I have been on hold with their customer service dept, I could afford a new TJ! They also split my order in half after telling me it would be shipped together. I am imagining that they charged me twice for shipping too. Bottom line, horrible customer service, poor delivery performance although they do have decent prices. Sometimes cost is not the bottom line. Just the opinion of a dissatisfied customer.

Because....Jeeps are Fun!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 03:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 4Wheel Parts Wholesalers SUCK

I have never needed to deal with 4WP on a delivery basis. These is a store 20 minutes from me, and all my experiences have gone good, but I wouldn't ever order anything from them to be shiped, because of the problems I have heard.

Never Summer
86 CJ-7 3"lift, 33x12.50, 4.10 gears, front locker

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 04:09 PM
Keyboard Implanted

i was soooooooo p'd last time( mostly that i ordered from them again) that i tried to e-mail their customer service, but of course, it came back undeliverable

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 04:14 PM

Sounds like Deja Vu to me.

I've had my dealings with these fools.
Never again will I order from 4Wheel whole STEALERS!

I'd rather pay more and get decent service than deal with the headaches they have caused me in the past.

RocknCJ [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Good judgment comes from bad experiences, bad experiences come from bad judgment.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 04:42 PM
Keyboard Implanted

yes.. do not order from them.. i have heard nothing but horror stories.. and i have only done it once.. and it was messed up also..

but i did you used live by one.. and also work there.. the store was great.. after they fired the old people and brought in fresh blood.. it was a very well ran store..

but i still would not order thru the mail from them..

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

http://www.jeepgod.net
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 04:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Guys , lets not do this "bashing" thing again...there is crap service almost everywhere you look , not just these guys , I have had great service from them, all through the Sacramento , California store , their return policy is generous on a set of hubs that were bought there, and I recieved my headers , that I ordered 2 days earlier than expected , and they were perfect.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 05:29 PM

I don't necessarily see it as "Bashing".
The internet now gives me the power to research, obtain information (both good and bad), educate myself as well as share that knowledge with others.

Maybe a little more of this type of exchange will force vendors to provide fair service and goods for a fair price or get the #$%@ outta the business.
Once was a time when customer satisfaction actually meant something.

Hey I'm glad that you have had good luck with 4WP, but the general consensus seems to point to a definate need for improvement in their customer service dept.

I too have spent many hours on the phone with these guys trying to resolve problems. I certainly would have appreciated others sharing thier past nightmares to save me the troubles.

On another note. Myself as well as others here have shared when a business has shown an out standing customer service and support.
Like I said....
Good and Bad

RocknCJ [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Good judgment comes from bad experiences, bad experiences come from bad judgment.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 06:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just for the sake of conversation,,,I wouldnt call it bashing either,,,,seems to be more a statement of fact. I for one, appreciate feedback of this nature. Plus, in this case I have to agree. While I've never walked into one of the stores and bought parts direct, ,,,, I can say, I've placed an order...believe me, I will never, repeat, NEVER order from these guys again. In my opinion, they truely are bad news.....

DrummondCJ
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 07:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ive ordered from them 3 times no problems and once I called them back cause found flares cheaper and they said no problem and matched price. I build homes for living and when I meet people I get feel for them and 30% I dont even get back to, cause they want something for nothing or I said they said you said, or there is no way to satisfy 50% of people Just my veiw

post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 07:18 PM
Journeyman

I have only ordered from them once and it actually turned into 3 times before I talked to someone knowlegable enough to get the order straight. When I visited their store in Oklahoma City, the guy I worked with was extraordinarily helpful.
He called 3 different vendors to find what I needed and when it could be delivered. Parts came 3 days early. It seems to matter most which store you go to and which salesperson you get. We don't have a 4WP store in Wichita, so I don't have any other experiences with them. Personally I like working with the local shop--Off Road Motorsports. Just like everyone, they have their detractors as well. I like supporting the local shops whenever I can and they appreciate regular customers more than we can imagine. There has been enough fussing over 4WParts on this board to keep me away from the frustration unless I have to order on Sunday.

Brit [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
85 CJ7 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode