Any word on the new BFG mud Tire? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 09:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Any word on the new BFG mud Tire?

Howdy all,
Just wonderin if anyone has seen or driven the new BFG mud tire, (KO) I think. I am not sure of the release date, but I have talked to a few who have seen it but not driven on it yet. I am waiting for it to come out before I buy new tires. I am hoping it is avail. in a 33 x 10.5 size like the AT KO. It is supp to be pretty aggresive but still quiet, like the new Wrangler MTR.
Just lookin for any info.......Herbie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 10:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Any word on the new BFG mud Tire?

BFG Mud Terrain T/A (K/M). I guess the center lugs have a little more space between them, theres some siping and a sidewall detail to them. This is second hand from a guy who has seen them in an OK. 4x4 shop.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 06:09 AM
Keyboard Implanted

i put them on my tow rig(77f-250). they are very quiet, wear well, and seem to grip pretty well off-road, but they are NOT mud tires.. if you think you ever might get in the slop, get the mud terrain

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2000, 01:34 PM
I Do This For The Glory

I think he'd referring to the new Mud Terrain, not the All Terrain. The AT came out in a KO version, the MT will be in a new version as well.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7"Lift/33"TSL's/IHC D44's 4.10's Lock'd
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2000, 02:12 PM
Keyboard Implanted

ooohhhh... first i have heard of it..

~~Elusive~~
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2000, 06:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

oohh siped MT's sign me up
-Marky

<A HREF="http://www.personal.psu.edu/mxd244/cj7/">80 CJ-7 Laredo 304v8 TF999 3.73's BFG M/T's</A>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 01:49 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I just went to BFG's web site http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com and found nothing on the Mud Terrain T/A ko. They do list the All Terrain T/A ko however.

A MT that is a bit quieter sounds good! I was leaning towards the All terrains 'cause my Jeep will see mostly street driving (a little trail work like fire roads and such). Do you guys like the Mud T/A's in the snow? We get a bit of that here in Minnesota [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] and I need a tire for all year.

OK, I just went back again and found a new tire. The "Trac Edge". It looks alot like a mud terrain but without so much void right in the center. It also looks like the tread "blocks" are somewhat sipped. More sidewall detail similar to the all terrain ko as well. However the only 15" size they list is a 235/75/15. Hope this helped! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Mike H.
<font color=blue>1983 CJ-7 Laredo</font color=blue>
2000 Durango SLT
1983 Dodge Ram (2wd)
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]o[[[[o
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 02:18 AM

Elusive,
You like the AT KOs? Im thinking about putting them on my 91 F250 in the next couple of weeks. I have retired the big Ford beast from Mud Bogg Racing(cant afford to be destroying both rigs, my wheelin budget would be close to that of a NASCAR team). So with its main purpose now being my daily driver and tow rig, I have decided to go down to a smaller 33"(295 75R16) tire with better road manners. I have always liked how the previouse BFG ATs handeled(especially on snow covered roads). Are they quiet? Are the sidewall stiff enough to help maintain stability of the bulky F250? What did you pay for them, BFG has a sort of price fixing policy in place with their distributers nowadays,(in fact in would probably be enough to sway me from buying from them, if I could find a comparable tire). But in the past BFG ATs have always been my favorite tire for an asphalt 4x4, Hancook Z64s are also very good, but only go to 265 75R16,(a little to small for an F250 lifted 8").

Jeff
89 Wrangler
If at first you dont succeed, your replacement will try and try again.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 07:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Guys, They're not listed on the website yet. They're very new. Remember how long the new Goodyear MT/R was out before their website even mentioned it...The new BFG is named the Mud Terrain T/A R/M. So thats what to look for on internet searches or on BFG website...whenever they get around to putting it up..

post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 07:39 AM
Keyboard Implanted

so far i like them.. mine are 35X16.5 and they were a bit pricey..i called and called, and finally got 4 of them for $770 delivered. summit gave that price, so 4wpwholestealers matched it..(and then delived them 3 weeks late)i had to get the 35's with the 4.10s because that old 400 doesn't like to rev. they seem stable, i towed my jeep through the twisting mountian roads around tellico with no problems and my f-250 weighs a LOT!!!

~~Elusive~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode