cj5 bestop supertop questions (length) ?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 08:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

cj5 bestop supertop questions (length) ??

i bought a jeep (cj7) couple years ago with a hardtop and either had the hardtop on or off., never a soft top.... the guy threw in a bunch of old parts and stuff in the back when i bought it and i threw all the stuff in the garage and never looked at it again.. i now have a cj5 and when going threw the stuff in the shed, i think the soft top the guy threw in might have been for a cj5...definitely a nice condition supertop ....does anyone have a 76-83 bestop supertop that they can give me some length measurements off it so i can see if its a cj5 or cj7? theres no parts # on it so i cant even call bestop and make sure, would really appreciate any help....a measurement from the the windshield to the top back of the top would do fine, thank you in advance, its a really nice top and would like to use it if it will work,

alex

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 09:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: cj5 bestop supertop questions (length) ??

Well, it's triple digits here so the top has been collecting dust for several months already. But I may be of some help. From the top-front of the winshield to a point above the rear where the rear-top of the soft-top should be is about 63" (give or take an inch). Since the CJ7 is 10" longer than a 5, this should give you a good idea of what flavor top you have.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 10:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

attila,
looks like mine is 64" from front to back of the top , did yours have a parts # on it anywhere by any chance? mine doesnt and i just want to be sure its a cj5 before spending money on all the hardware i need, i h ave some of it, but not all...did you have to drill holes down the sideof the tub for the sliders? i know the one on my 7 just used the factory hardtop holes,
thanks in advance
alex
78 cj5

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2000, 10:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

To find a part number, I would have to shake out all the tarantulas and scorpions that have made a home of it. I only do that once a year. I don't remember seeing any numbers - just a "BesTop" tag. 64" sounds like you've got yourself a 5 top. Mine was already installed, but they did have to drill holes along the top of the tub-rail for the plastic slider to attach. Visit the Bestop site at: http://www.bestop.com. They have installation instructions complete with a parts listing. Even a phone number for specific help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode