35c questions, and ProComp tires?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 01:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

35c questions, and ProComp tires??

Just a couple of quick questions fellas.

1. Are there any differences in 35c axles?? ( i have a 91 YJ, can i use a shaft from a TJ)

2. What is a fair price for a pair of spare axles from a junk yard?? (I can feel myself breaking one here shortly)

3. Anyone seen the ProComp tires?? Do they work as advertised? I dont mind being the 1st victim if needed, but if someone else was... even better.

told you, nothing tooooo tough,
thanks in advance
BJ

"If you chose not to decide, you still have made a Choice" RUSH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 05:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 35c questions, and ProComp tires??

I've read some very good things about the procomp tires - probably the same you've read. I also spoke with this guy I saw not long ago because he had procomps on his jeep. he was very happy with them. His previous tires were bfg mud terrains. He said the procomps handled on the freeway exactly like the bfgs (which says a lot because i do lots of freeway driving and have had the same set of bfgs for about 30k miles now - no complaints and lots of tread left). He also said they are sipped which made a noticeable difference driving on ice. I plan on getting some procomps when my bfgs wear down.

<font color=blue>&lt;b&gt; -Dorian&lt;/b&gt;
&lt;a href="http://www.4Low.com/jeep"&gt;88 YJ w/ square headlights&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/font&gt;
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 08:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That's what i wanted to hear... 4 wheel parts Wholesalers is having a buy 3, get the 4th free deal... wooooo hoooooo
35"ers are like $135... 4 tires, to the door, $450 or so... hard to beat that.

No one knows about the axles though huh.... ok, time to go pulling... what's a decent price for a shaft (actually 2) from the junk yard??

thanks all
BJ

"If you chose not to decide, you still have made a Choice" RUSH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 10:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

On axles, you can use '90 and up. Before '90 they were non c-clip. I have a '90 axle sitting on my garage floor right now, dana 35C, 3.07, open diff. I can send you pictures if your interested. The axleshafts are completely straight with all the splines in good shape. Best yet, I am within a 2.5 hour drive, Lompoc, CA. Make me an offer.

Let me know,
David

'90YJ, Gearless Locked Front, Slippery Rear Axle, Ramsey REP 8000, 33x12.5 Mud Kings
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 02:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

David,
Are you willing to split up just the shafts???
If so how about say $20 a piece?? Sound fair???
I was planning on going to Pismo on Wed afternoon, Thurs morning with my Jeepchick... Hmmmmm.....
thanks
BJ

Of course it's hard, that's the point!!! If i wanted easy, i'd drive on the freeway.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 04:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I bought 33x12.5 Pro Comp Muds during four wheel parts march madness sale. They ended up costing 90 bucks a peice. They work great for me so far. They are pre-drilled for studs if you ever want to use them. The tread depth is a little deeper than the BFG. They have wore down slightly. They are also made of a soft rubber, it doesn't seem to wear down fast but the lugs on my tires have had very small peices on the leading edge some off, or rub off, one of the two. But overall I think they are great for the price. And they don't howl.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 05:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Seems a bit low to me, I was thinking $50 apiece or $120 for the whole axle. New axles are about $100 apiece. Let me know if I am wrong or too high. I really think I can sell the whole axle for $120, however without the shafts it becomes a large boat anchor.

David

'90YJ, Gearless Locked Front, Slippery Rear Axle, Ramsey REP 8000, 33x12.5 Mud Kings
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 07:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A buddy just gave $125 for a 4 piece set of 44 axles, 2fronts, 2rears, and the rears turned out to be mosers(sp)
I was hoping not to have to spend that much on spares, which i will (hopefully, knock on wood) never have to use. Especially while i'm planning an axle swap. I'm not sure if i'm looking way to low or what, hmmmm....

BJ

Of course it's hard, that's the point!!! If i wanted easy, i'd drive on the freeway.
FJ???? Does that stand for FAKE JEEP???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode