Fuel system requirements for TBI - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 07:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Fuel system requirements for TBI

What have any of you done differently to the fuel system to run a fuel injected engine (specifically a TBI 350). I was planning on keeping my existing sending unit that I just put into the new tank and also keep the new anodized aluminum fuel line. I was then going to use an electrical fuel pump. I have heard of people using the sending unit and pump from the OE engine, but I don't know if I can get or make a OE unit work in my oversize gas tank. Any opinons or personal experiences with a TBI swap would help. Thanks.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
<font color=green>WALSTIB</font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 07:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Fuel system requirements for TBI

the pumps were put in the tank to cut down on noise, it does not have to be in the tank. you can mount a inline pump on the frame as low as possible ( these pumps are not good at pulling fuel uphill ). howell sells a pump for this setup, it is an OEM pump but I don't know the original application, it looks a lot like the mopar MPFI fuel pump.
good luck, jjc

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 09:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Fuel system requirements for TBI

The GM vehicles with fuel injection have fuel pumps in the gas tank with a couple of plastic baffles. The baffles are to keep fuel near the pump when the vehicle corners or when braking hard. I'm not positive, but Aero tanks (http://www.aerotanks.com) might offer a replacement tank that would include an electric fuel pump for either TPI or TBI, and a sending unit. The Aero tank might include the plastic baffles also, don't really know.
dave

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode