Post your SPECIFICS!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Post your SPECIFICS!!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Now that the format has been somewhat changed and we can see how many "hits" a posted thread will often get, it is obvious that a thread that is ambiguous like "Jeep problem! HELP! will get hundreds of needless hits, whereas "Carb problem! Help!" or even better....."BBD Carb problem! Help!".....would only attract responses of Jeepers interested in carbs, OR who KNOW about that particular carb. It would be a big help and make the forum move faster if we could all be as specific as we can be.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Of course some of the more controversial posts will gather hundreds of hits, but that's the exceptional post rather than the usual post.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] transfer case team.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 10:02 AM

Re: Post your SPECIFICS!!

Now I know Im sick, I read em all, I just only respond to the ones I might be able to help with, or have an opinion on. I figure I might stumble on some info Im gonna need, but just dont know it yet. Just dont mention Hand gun preferences, gun control or (whisper)Beer or the thread will take off like a wildfire.

Jeff
89 Wrangler
If at first you dont succeed, your replacement will try and try again.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 10:59 AM

I poke down the line when I get time.
I learn a lot that way, and it's how I learned to write a good response.
I learned to use paragraphs, and periods.
I learned that 1. 2. 3. instructions are the best way to give answers...

Hand gun preference, M-16, but thanks for asking...
And if some of you think an M-16 isn't a hand gun, don't come to my house in the dark...

I like some of the off topic threads, and I've learned a lot about durability of certain parts, like transfer cases, something I'm completely illiterate in...
Nothing wrong with poking my nose in to see if the is something to learn, and you may find people you like.
Like CJ Dave, Tex, Mizu, DirtDog (nothin' like a muddy hound!) ect...
Talk about different view points and personally types!!!!!!
I'm always glad to hear from each and every one of them on any subject except politics...
I hate politics or basketball. People get way too emotional about politics and basketball...

Ramblings from a sun stroke victim.... Now it's back out to finish mowing the yard...
Later all, Aaron.

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I know...I know...it's hard to resist reading most of the threads, which I do read most, but if they were more specific I could avoid wasting server time clicking over to something that I don't really have intrest in or info for like: "Can I run 35's on my stock YJ?"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] transfer case team.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 04:02 PM

I run 31's on my stock YJ [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Tas
'89 Yj 4.2L, AX-15, '31 BFG AT KOs, Flowmaster, Euro Taillights.....

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 04:11 PM
Keyboard Implanted

well dave.. if you have a jigsaw.. and were a determined man.. you could run 35's under a yj.. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

yes i feel you pain also.. but since i am usually at work when i am on here.. i dont mind reading all the post. and i have a T-1 connection here also.. so its zip zip.. ahh.. the bennies of having a gov't. job.. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

http://www.jeepgod.net
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 05:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think I can see both sides of this subject,,,,,as a person who has just gone from "stranger" to"newbie"....I can say some of the topics dont always hold my interest and I jump out of them almost as quickly as I got in...but like Teamrush, ....I've also discovered some very interesting information from following a thread I was "clicking" on inorder to simply waste a min or two on,,,,....Its a tough call,,,,both ideas/concepts have merit....

DrummondCJ
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 05:45 PM
Enthusiast

Posting specifics in the title of the post also speeds up searching old posts for specific information.

jerry

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] GOOD POINT, Jerry! My moonguy-in-charge of cyber issues[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]missed that completely[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] That is one of the things that makes these forums valuable.....being able to "SEARCH". [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

CJDave
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 09:49 PM

There are probably alot of us that do more searching and reading than posting--so take CJDave's advice and be as specific in the subject line as you can.

Ken

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode