winch mount - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

winch mount

What do most of you use for a winch mount for a CJ7? I bought a Warn HS9500i. Do I need a new bumper, or will it fit between the grille and the bumper? Where do I get the mount?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 09:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: winch mount

You can buy a mount from just about anybody (Q-tec, 4WPW, 4WDH, etc.) for less than $100. A local welding shop can probably fab one cheaper plus no shipping. I'm anxious to see what others have to say because I'm at the same crossroads.

Can you fix it?
I got a welder and a grinder. Heck yeah I can fix it.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 09:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You can buy a mount from just about anybody (Q-tec, 4WPW, 4WDH, etc.) for less than $100. It will work with the stock bumper. A local welding shop can probably fab one cheaper plus no shipping. I'm anxious to see what others have to say because I'm at the same crossroads. OOPS sorry about the double post. I tried to change it after I had hit "Continue". Guess it had already gone through the first time.

Can you fix it?
I got a welder and a grinder. Heck yeah I can fix it.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 09:58 AM

See the attachment to this message to see the new Warn i8000 monunted on my CJ-7 using the standard Warn mounting plate. This plate is aviailable from any Warn dealer and is a simple "U" channel piece of iron with a cut-out for the rollers and predrilled mount holes plus riser spacers and a nut/bolt set.
There are dozens of non-Warn mounting plates which can be included in a bumper and/or feature brush guards, etc.
The Warn mounting plate bolts to the frame sides (with one squeeze tube on each side) and to the pre-existing holes in the front cross-member. The spacers raise the mounting plate off the frame slightly.

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep
Attached Images
File Type: gif 9-149613-FrontWOBumber(2).gif (89.3 KB, 2 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 12:32 PM
Keyboard Implanted

hey there jaffer..
i dont know where you live.. but i would advise you to tac weld those top 4 nuts down.. i live on a marine corps base.. and have known several jeepers that got theres stolen on base.. i didnt.. since i tacked them down.. just enough to keep the common thief away.. but when i removed it. i just used a hammer and a screwdriver.. came right off..
you can also buy a multi mount for like 25 bucks... then just mound a reciever hitch on the front and back.. run seperate power and ground cables.. for a cool set up.. Elusive and i made one.. then i saw the one forsale for cheap.. and well.. could have just bought it.. saved some time.. will have pics of his on the website this coming week..

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

http://www.jeepgod.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode