What ever happened to Harry? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2000, 03:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

What ever happened to Harry?

This post is for some of the old timers, Reading through some of the posts, got me thinking, I haven't been around in a long while, and I rarely interacted with him, but I really enjoyed hearing what the man had to say, and he had(has) an awesome jeep and a great to site to document it. Just wondering if any of ya all know if he is still around.

Matt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2000, 08:24 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: What ever happened to Harry?

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Pocka-Pocka-Pocka-Pocka-Pocka-Pocka......what IS that noise?....Pocka-Pocka-Pocka-Pocka......Oh....I see...It's Harry's helicopter. Yeah, I haven't seen a post by Harry in a while, but he doesn't usually post unless it's vital. And I guess there is always a possibility that he is on an assignment that takes him away from Jeepland. One thing about it, when he DOES post, it's usually good[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]That TJ is awesome. I'd be happy just to have the bone pile out back of his garage. I could almost build a TJ[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] transfer case team.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 08:42 AM

Harry got a new job flying a desk at the Pentagon last I heard. So maybe he's been really busy....

John
95.5 YJ with "stuff"
94 GMC Z71 without "stuff"
http://SonsofThunder4x4.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 09:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Harry's a regular on another BBS now which deals more with TJ's. I can't remember the URL for it though.

How does the blind man pick up the "Seeing-eye" dogpoop?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 11:33 AM

Some JERK was really razzing Harry here for a while (he did not take it very well). I assume he figgered life was too short to put up with it.

BTW: Would someone post his site's URL please?
I have lost the link to this great web site.
It's going to soon be time to tear apart the almost new TJ full hard doors and since I am wiring a alarm, I might as well also take another look at his power window upgrade.

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 11:44 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] John,...you can find the superb Harry Jeep site at the same address: http://www.harryworld.com.....those pages always amaze me.....so well done, so meticulous.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] transfer case team.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 12:24 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I just did business with Harry not too long ago (about 3 weeks back) via email. I bought his old air box. I searched through his site and didn't see that it was included on his "sold to reclaim more improvement money list" and, sure enough, he still had it. He offered it to me for half of what ever the dealer would sell it to me for.......when I found out what a radical price the dealer gets for it, even at trade discount (over $200 list), Harry and I settled on a more "Jeeper friendly" dollar figure. It even had the original air filter element w/ only 6k on it.
On another board Harry was getting flamed on a regular basis ( http://forums . v mag.com/jj wrangler0200/ - take out the spaces).....he handled it well .....grace under fire (as one might expect). Harry is often misunderstood (IMHO). He may seem somewhat short in some of his responses ...... but I think that it's all a matter of not wasting time (I don't imagine in todays military that one achieves his rank by sitting on one's a$$). Yet in spite of a "less then intelligent question" from a novice, from time to time, he responded to all. If you scan the above mentioned site you can see some of the most comical responses that Harry posted to a couple of flamers there.....it really did make good reading.

Contraversial man.....awesome Jeep

GeeAea

Figures don't lie ....... but liars sure do figure.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 02:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

http://www.harryworld.com/harry/jeep.html

'56 CJ-5, 283, t-90/d18, 27/44, 2.5"(soon), 33's(soon), cage.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2000, 03:38 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] What am I doin' wrong.....I can't get the blue clickable sites to go....they just turn red???[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode