Questions about seat bracket - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2000, 10:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Questions about seat bracket

Does anyone know if there are two different size seat brackets. It seem my passenger side seat bracket is taller than the driver side bracket. The passenger side sits higher than the driver side. If so where can I get one to match the driver side. Thanks for the help. als.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2000, 10:20 AM

Re: Questions about seat bracket

Yup. The taller bracket is used in CJ's with a non-sliding passenger seat and the shorter bracket is used in YJ's with a sliding passenger seat. Best bet is to try one of the Jeep recyclers, a local salvage yard, or someone parting out a Jeep...those things are close to $200 new. The last used one I bought was about $25 and included the sliders.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2000, 10:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Als, What year is your jeep?

My 1975 jeep has a higher passenger bracket. It was even with the low back buckets, but when I took them out, and put in high back buckets the height difference became apparent. The driver side is about right, the passenger side sits a bit high. Ill probably lower it someday. Its not real noticable.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger (or dumber).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2000, 10:41 AM
Can't Get Enough

My '79 CJ-7 had a driver's non-tilt with sliders and a tall passengers tilt w/o a slider. The '85 drivers was a short tilt w/o slider and tall passengers w/o slider. Put the high back seats from the '85 on the '79 brackets with slider for driver, I didn't fit the seats right. Next I'll try the low backs with the drivers slider and tilt.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2000, 10:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Actually, the seat height probably would have been even if I could have gotten the slide bracket off of the old original seat, but it wouldnt budge so it went to the dump with the old seat!! I then had to fabricate a new bracket to mount to the seat and bracket.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger (or dumber).
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2000, 11:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

MTjeeper my jeep is an 86 Cj-7 with high back seats. I don't really notice it unless someone is riding with me. Orwhen I sit in it when I doing work on my jeep. I guess I cruise the junkyard this weekend to see if I can find one. Thank guys. als.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode