Herculiner - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2000, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Herculiner

Just curious about the best prices people have seen for Herculiner. I can get it for $99.99 for a gallon kit and 34.99 for a quart. I might be able to do a little better than that, but if anyone is interested, please let me know.

Sean

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2000, 11:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Herculiner

Someone found it on sale for 79.99.
99.00 for the kit is pretty standard

Can you fix it?
I got a welder and a grinder. Heck yeah I can fix it.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2000, 11:06 PM

In a post earleir this week, it was mentioned that Pep Boys had it on sale for $79 a quart. I have actually had to work this week so I havent had a chance to check it out, but I plan on doing the inside of the tub this weekend. I was gonna use Durabak because you can add color to it, but I was told I couldnt get it untill next week. So Herculiner it is, at $99 a gallon(Pep Boys), if its not on sale.

Jeff
89 Wrangler
If at first you dont succeed, your replacement will try and try again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2000, 11:49 PM

$99 a gallon w/ the kit is pretty standard. That is what I bought it for at Tractor supply company. Last year I put it in the bed of my truck and it seems to be holding out pretty well. Since I have installed it I have gone through a major move from one house to a new one and it held out just fine even with a refrigerator and other heavy appliances being slid across it. When I put it on I first "scuffed" the clear coat very well so it would not come off easily. I guess I did a good job, because it is still in tact. Herculiner is good stuff for the price you pay. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]'46 CJ 2-A Rusty, but still fun to drive and easy to work on.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2000, 08:03 AM
YJJP

I've always seen it advertised in the 80/90 dollar range. Pretty standard. I've had it in my jeep over a year now with not one complaint. Stuff works great and I'm sure you'll like the outcome. We have a gazillion autoparts store in the area, and someone is always running that stuff on discount, if not find someone you know who works at any store that sells it. Feed'em a beer, and bingo. Instant discount. I'm lucky enough to use that military thang...

If it ain't broke,don't fix it. Wait till the wife is gone, and upgrade it .
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2000, 08:07 AM
Robert87yj

@ the beginning of this week, I saw it at PepBoys for 79.99(~$80) for a gallon. I don't know if it still is, but it really got me thinking about what I want to do with my tax return. I have read so many positive experiences with it, I have decided to put it in at the end of the summer, when the temperature cools off a little here in GA. I'll make sure and take lots of pictures to post.

Robert87yj[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>engine rebuild w/4.0 head done, now for the MPI</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode