Independence Day - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 09:02 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

No worrys mate.
We are family here.
My point is that I think Jeepgirl just wanted to link Jeeps with the 4th.
I know there is proper ways to display Old Glory, but I take no offense as long as someone displays her in a positive light. Education in flag etiquette is not a bad thing.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

Benjamin Franklin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 09:54 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Independence Day ...
Just, God bless those who have and keep providing it for me and mine.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

Benjamin Franklin
post #13 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep girl View Post
WOW!

That's just SO WRONG!

(I think I threw up a little )

Not that it's 'Improper'...
Just that it's TASTELESS and GAUDY.

Remember, us veterans did our thing so people like taz can be tasteless, rude and gaudy!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Wishing ALL our troops, Past and Present, All the very best!

THANKS GUYS!
From the bottom of my heart!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Happy 4th day to the rest of you!
Try not to eat, drink, sun too much, you will regret it tomorow!

So Many Cats, So Few Recipes...

Last edited by TeamRush; 07-04-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 01:09 AM

I personaly think you should stop crying about the paint job, someone obviously has enough pride in their country to display the flag on their toy. It's not like they took a real flag a cut it all up a glued it on there, it's a paint job relax!!! If you look to the back of the jeep there is the real flag flying the way she should be flown so obviously whoever owns this jeep isn't trying to degrade it in any way. So being that I unlike most of you are currently defending that flag in Iraq on the 4th of July why don't you stop crying and go drink a beer for me.
post #15 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Addict

Ya'll need to relax a little more like Mountain Monkey... go have a beer and chill out!!! It's just a dang picture that I found and wrote "Happy 4th of July" on. I never thought it would cause this much of a problem.

I'm not your average blonde bimbo....I'm above average!!
post #16 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Veteran

I don't care about the paint!

It's those HUGE tires on aluminum rims,
Huge tires on STOCK axles,
'Bumper' bar going DOWN to ruin approach angles!
That 'Mr. GAGIT' bug catcher sticking out of the hood....
The list goes on, but I have better stuff to do!

Why would I get upset about paint?
It's just going to fade or get scratched off anyway!
And as for the American Flag...
As long as he doesn't let it touch the ground or get filthy,
I don't have a problem with it!

So Many Cats, So Few Recipes...
post #17 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Way Outta Control

It's more tasteless than painting close-ups of certain female body parts on your Jeeps. Thousands have died for our flag, a little respect please.

Here's something that was emailed to me --
I'll bet nobody here even wondered -.

"""""4TH OF JULY

Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence?

Five signers were captured by the British as traitors, and tortured before they died.

Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned. Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army; another had two sons captured.

Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or hardships of the Revolutionary War.

They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.

What kind of men were they?

Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists. Eleven were merchants, nine were farmers and large plantation owners; men of means, well educated, but they signed the Declaration of Independence knowing full well that the penalty would be death if they were captured.

Carter Braxton of Virginia, a wealthy planter and trader, saw his Ships swept from the seas by the British Navy. He sold his home and properties to pay his debts, and died in rags.

Thomas McKeam was so hounded by the British that he was forced to move his family almost constantly. He served in the Congress without pay, and his family was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from him, and poverty was his reward.

Vandals or soldiers looted the properties of Dillery, Hall, Clymer, Walton, Gwinnett, Heyward, Ruttledge, and Middleton.

At the battle of Yorktown , Thomas Nelson, Jr., noted that the British General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson home for his headquarters.

He quietly urged General George Washington to open fire. The home was destroyed, and Nelson died bankrupt.

Francis Lewis had his home and properties destroyed. The enemy jailed his wife, and she died within a few months.

John Hart was driven from his wife's bedside as she was dying. Their 13 children fled for their lives. His fields and his gristmill were laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his children vanished. Some of us take these liberties so much for granted, but we shouldn't.

So, take a few minutes while enjoying your 4th of July holiday and silently thank these patriots.

It's not much to ask for the price they paid.

Remember: freedom is never free!

I hope you will show your support by sending this to as many people as you can, please. It's time we get the word out that patriotism is NOT a sin, and the Fourth of July has more to it than beer, picnics, and baseball. """"""""

Even though our traitorous government now says we shouldn't be patriotic and give up our guns to them - if you enjoy this country - stand up for it!

Otherwise - GET OUT WHILE WE LET YOU!
post #18 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Keyboard Implanted

RRich you may want to check snopes before posting. Your info is full of half-truths.

snopes.com: Signers of Declaration of Independence

Scott
1985 CJ7 T.H.O.R

"He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm."
-Psalm 40:2
post #19 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Official Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRich View Post
Here's something that was emailed to me --
That should have made bells and whistles go off warning you of the validity of the statements. They didn’t even research it enough to get the names right. There is no Dillery, it’s Ellery. Rutledge is spelled with one “t”.

If you really wondered, here is a ushistory.org page that will get you started. I wouldn’t take anything there as absolute fact but it should be a lot better starting point than an email. There is a little next button near the top right of the page. You can just scroll through and read what they have about all of them.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.
post #20 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Way Outta Control

As I said - it was emailed to me. No, I did not check it with snopes - I knew the people on here that don't understand the sacrifices our forefathers made would argue no matter what.

snopes has proven time after time to be inaccurate and one sided - bordering on traitors.
If you want to believe that guff from them, go ahead. Then go to a country you like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode