Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   O/T When it's your time to go! (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/232476-o-t-when-its-your-time-go.html)

RRich 06-11-2009 11:59 PM

O/T When it's your time to go!

Terrible news.

A couple missed the flight from Brazil to France that went down - a car crash killed her.

WOMAN WHO MISSED FLIGHT 447 KILLED IN CAR CRASH - New York Post

When it's your time --.

Be Careful!

TeamRush 06-12-2009 12:40 AM

Was it a Renault, Peugeot/CitroŽn or Fiat car she was riding in?
Sound like ANY frog built vehicles are dangerous!
--------------------------

I was reading up on Air Bus safety record two or three years ago after our Airbus caught fire sitting on the tarmac waiting for people to finish loading...

I won't fly Airbus! Give me a 40 year old Boeing, Lockheed, McDonald-Douglas any day over Airbus!

Seems funny that Airbus is a European consortium, but the frog investigation crew flew in on a BOEING!
They showed the crash 'Go' team leaving france and arriving on CNN (Slow news day...)

Also funny the president of france and the royal family of England have BOEING aircraft and not Airbus!
Pretty telling in my book!

jeepnut_nh 06-12-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamRush (Post 1546157)
Was it a Renault, Peugeot/CitroŽn or Fiat car she was riding in?
Sound like ANY frog built vehicles are dangerous!
--------------------------

I was reading up on Air Bus safety record two or three years ago after our Airbus caught fire sitting on the tarmac waiting for people to finish loading...

I won't fly Airbus! Give me a 40 year old Boeing, Lockheed, McDonald-Douglas any day over Airbus!

Seems funny that Airbus is a European consortium, but the frog investigation crew flew in on a BOEING!
They showed the crash 'Go' team leaving france and arriving on CNN (Slow news day...)

Also funny the president of france and the royal family of England have BOEING aircraft and not Airbus!
Pretty telling in my book!

as someone whose ancestry includes just about every flavor of anglo-saxon, and most of the rest of western europe, plus canada....i take offense to your entire post TR.

btw, ya forgot to slur the italians...you know, the founders of Fiat...

jacka$$, the investigation team probably took the first available flight, and wether any machine was built by euros, east bloc, the US, or you personally....it can and will fail sometimes. try googling up Boeing aircraft accidents (or, say McDonnell-Douglas, yep ronnie the clown doesn't work for them)..no shortage of 'em, rest assured

RRich 06-12-2009 01:24 PM

When you consider how many miles and how many people they've transported, ALL the airlines have amazing records. Traveling by car, even walking isn't that safe.

The point of the article was when your number is up, it's your time to go, no matter what you do, you are going!

Maybe someone knows what kind of car she was in, the article didn't say, it doesn't matter anyway - she was in Austria when she crashed.

What kind of car does Austria make?

TeamRush 06-12-2009 02:32 PM

I was going to frog bait, but for the sake of the board, I'll let it drop.

Just think about this,
"...french navy nuclear sub..."

TeamRush 06-12-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRich (Post 1546182)
What kind of car does Austria make?

I don't know...
The hot rod types I've met from 'Down Under' all say that Ford and Chrysler/Jeep are big down there.

Range Rovers pretty much have the 'Off Road' market sewed up according to the info I've heard...

RRich 06-12-2009 02:50 PM

Ya gotta give credit to ALL the airlines - Unlike car makers they've never left anyone mid travel -

"NOBODY HAS BEEN LEFT UP THERE."

TeamRush 06-12-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRich (Post 1546185)
Ya gotta give credit to ALL the airlines - Unlike car makers they've never left anyone mid travel -

"NOBODY HAS BEEN LEFT UP THERE."

No kidding! Everyone has made landfall...
One way or another!

gojeepin 06-13-2009 06:32 AM

Not to keep anyone off the airlines but... pilots don't fly these large planes anyway. They are all "fly-by-wire," meaining pilots only provide inputs to the computer that flys it.

We had a B2 crash just off the runway at Anderson AB, Guam because the computer thought the B2 was "nose low" and was making adjustments to "pull up". Actually, it was "nose high" and it stalled then crashed. The pilots tried to push the nose down but the computer's input wouldn't let them.

Video here.

Jim_Lou 06-13-2009 07:17 AM

Welcome to the board! That's interesting information. Is the full report available to the public anywhere?