O/T When it's your time to go! - Page 3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Can't Get Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRich View Post

Cows and horses eat pretty much the same diet, but why does their poop look different?

[edit] Damn you RRitch. I couldn't resist doing a search on that.
"The average horse of 1000 pounds produces 50 pounds of poop a day." Holy crap![/edit]

Political Correctness - Because people can't handle the Truth

Last edited by jeeperjohn; 06-17-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Official Curmudgeon

I knew the minion would be along.

Did you forget how it went, Rich?

Quote:
A girl sat down by a guy on a train. He asked her "What would you like to talk about on the ride to prevent boredom?"

She said "How 'bout Quantum Physics?

"Good - that will be interesting."

She said: "But first answer this - why is horse poop clumps, cow poop pattys, and rabbit poop pellets, when they eat the same thing?

He said "I dunno."

"Then how can you talk about Quantum Physics when you don't know shi-?"
What happened to the rabbit?

Your answer from NIX:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIX View Post
Horses and rabbits digest the cellulose in the grass in their appendix. This is a kind of dead end street in with actually bacteries do the work. The appendix has little chambers about the size of of the separate droppings. The appendix takes a bit of gut content, and keeps it there for a while to let the bacteries do their job. Then it leaves into the rest of the channel. In that last part, the content is dehydrated. Then it comes out in the shape as we know it.

Cows have 4 stomachs and rechew (dunno the English expression) their stomach contents. During the dehydration, also clumps are formed, but it comes out as a more solid mass then with horses and rabbits. But droppings from meat cattle and milk cows differs because milk cows are bred to give milk and fed so much and so proteine rich food, that the clumps are no longer solid and thus it becomes a big patty.

Now let's talk quantum physics...

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.
post #23 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 10:24 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Not taking sides......but Taz....that pretty much sums it up.....good response......

AKA DDawg16
84 CJ7, SOA, 5.7LTBI, 4L60E, 35"x12.5, 4.10 gears, F/Det, R/ARB, Full Roll Cage,
D44 Flat top in progress...
Link to my Frame up Restore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Way Outta Control

That confirms what I suspected. Since you didn't answer, you just copied a joke about something else, it's obvious.

Dales probably still trying to determine if it's a question.

Last edited by RRich; 06-17-2009 at 11:02 PM.
post #25 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Veteran

Quote:
That confirms what I suspected. Since you didn't answer, you just copied a joke about something else, it's obvious.

Dales probably still trying to determine if it's a question.
This is TOO EASY!...
Grade school kids learn this in 4th grade life sciences around here!
And EVERY farm kid knows the answer to this!

When are you going to ask a REAL farm boy?
--------------

I gave dale and taz some questions on a different thread that should have them arguing the answers for the next month or so...
So maybe we can have a conversation over here!

So Many Cats, So Few Recipes...

Last edited by TeamRush; 06-17-2009 at 11:20 PM.
post #26 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Veteran

Well, looks like the 'Know It Alls' don't know it all after all!

I know neither one of them is shy about things,
And I know that if they had the slightest clue, they would be willing to smear it over the next 76 pages in the next 400 posts they would make...

We'd read cut & past quotes from this for the NEXT 10 years like we already do with the other stuff they thought they were 'Right' on...

SO...
We really have to assume they don't know, and can't figure out how to ask the question correctly for 'Google' to give them a 'Cut & Paste' answer...

post #27 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRush View Post
Most commercial jets still have some hydraulic amplification control over control surfaces,
While some of the military aircraft are of such unusual and extreme design that a human can't fly them without crashing them, so they are fully fly by wire.

F-16, F/A-18, Stealth 'Fighter' (which is actually a bomber) and the B-2 'Flying Wing' are examples of planes that can't be flown without computers to limit parameters.

The planes are simply too unstable for a human to control on anything but the most simple maneuvers.

Wow! I left this thread almost a week ago and it's still going. Anyway... the reason for the fly-by-wire in the military aircraft listed above is to make rapid flight adjustments to keep it flying, not to limit parameters. They are too unstable to fly at all without the computer. All the pilot does is guide it.

You're right about the commercial aircraft... but, here's the part they don't tell you.

Airbus is most vulnerable because the computers have the final say... a computer doesn't think. It only reacts to a set of conditions and parameters. If the computer is operating correctly but the sensor(s) malfunctions the computer will react to the input it receives.

Mike

83 CJ7, 4.1L 6cyl (4.0L bored .030 over), 35" tires, 5 speed, dana 300 TC, Trussed AMC 20. Complete body rehab and linex. Phase I: frame off restore complete.

Last edited by gojeepin; 06-19-2009 at 07:34 PM.
post #28 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Veteran

I think you are arguing semantics here...

Military FIGHTER aircraft are inherently too unstable to fly without the computer deciding what CAN and CAN NOT be done...
So the computer DOES LIMIT what will and won't fly, no matter what the input command from the pilot is...

And in low altitude 'NON COMBAT' mode flying, the planes WILL NOT let you fly them into the ground or stall them out, they will SELF CORRECT and LIMIT THE FLIGHT TRIM TO KEEP THE PLANE AIRBORNE.

In combat mode, the pilot has the last say, and you CAN fly the plane into the dirt outside of the safety parameters laid out in the software.

The 'Nape of the earth' programs will...
Simply put, fly the plane at 50 or 100 or 150 feet off the ground, no matter what the 'ground' does under it,
And the pilot doesn't even have to be awake to do it.

Autonomous drones often fly complete missions without anyone actually taking the stick to fly them,
And air liners from little Gulfstreams to Jumbos/Heavies can land with out the pilot ever putting any input into the yokes.
------------------------

The deal with the Airbus is they have FAULTY software,
And the tails like to fall off the planes for no reason that Airbus is willing to admit or fix...

I don't fly Airbus, never have, and never will if I can keep from it...

post #29 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Way Outta Control

Point being - ANY system can fail. Military, civilian, even old systems with cables and pulleys occasionally failed. (Even simple things like Jeeps fail sometimes, that's why this board is here.)

When it's your time, you are going!

Safety records don't show the one that's going to get you - until after it did!
post #30 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 02:45 AM
Veteran

Yup, hind sight is 20/20, it just has a brown crust on it where you are looking out your butt to see it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode