It's been a long time! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Smile It's been a long time!

Long time no see folks. Work and a fixing up new house have taken up all my time in the last couple of years, but finally see some daylight and some new future for my CJ.

I see some familiar names being posted...all the same tall stories and lies though. I'm beginning some Tranny work and will be having a lot of questions. I have a "rumbling" going on in when I'm shifting through 2nd and 3rd gear that is recently new. A snapped torque bracket on my case has also peaked my interest and I need to get it solved. Other than that...still need a new steering wheel shaft, box and pump. Anyone have any good recommendations for that?

Any new and old Coloradoans in the house?

Hope all is well,
~Tanner

~ Stupidity should hurt ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 06:18 PM

Welcome back! Good to see you again.

I have a leak in my steering box, and have never been happy with it, since it's needed adjustment every 20K miles or so. At the Bash I talked with Aaron (Crazy Eddie) who said that a J2000 box is a bolt-in, as long as you get the right year for the O-ring/flare hose connection. The pitman shaft spline might be different too, but it shouldn't be hard to come up with a matching pitman arm.

A new Coloradoan is Andy (Barrelroll) who has been teaching there, but he's moving to Alaska for the next school year. He may have moved already - haven't seen him on the board for a couple of weeks.

As for that rumbling you feel in second and third, try Beano. If that doesn't do it, Ex-Lax.

EVERYTHING's easy for the guy who doesn't have to do it.
B. Dash Fabrication

Last edited by Jim_Lou; 06-01-2009 at 06:21 PM.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Sawzall Poster Boy

Yep, I'm a coloradoan for a couple more weeks. I do have a brand new boregeson steering shaft I bought for my blazer before I realized I'm moving to Alaska. I was just going to save it but I might be able to be convinced to sell it.

I think I might be down in Denver Friday if you wanted to grab some lunch.

Need any other parts? I'm liqudating before I move I have a 44/60 with high steer and discs, a vortech 4.3, 231/231 doubler setup and some little junk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
csc_wyo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode