Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Obligatory Home from the Bash Thread

That about says it all.
Good turnout, typical weather.
Tired and filthy.
Didn't get many pictures but will post them later.

Jim
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Old Hand

Heather and I made it home about 230pm. Had a great time. -- mike
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 03:18 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Dee and I got home a little before noon. Had a great time, the best of all Bash's to date in my opinion. About 22 Jeeps if I counted right. Trails were fantastic and comraderie was better. Thanks to Dale for his efforts and to all who participated. Loved having first-timers from Nebraska make the trip, as well as Patrick and others who made a long drive to be a part of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Old Hand

Me and Robyn got home around 2:30am. The rain soaked tent didn't seem that appealing and Robyn wanted to get home to ride horses early Sunday.

As always I had a great time!!! It was so good to see everyone again and to meet Jarret and Chad. We had a blast waiting out the rain under Dan's camper Friday nite after a great day of wheeling. As usual it rained but this year it was pretty nice during the days while we were at the Badlands.

Great friends, great wheeling, great times back at camp. All in all it was an AWESOME BASH!!!

Thank you Dale and thank you Tom and Hi-Lift!!!

Aaron and Robyn.

"4 squirrels runnin' on boggers...and they're angry!!!"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 06:39 PM

Great big thanks to Dale for organazing it again this year, and to Tom and Hi-Lift for sponsoring the event and supplying the jack for the raffle. I agree with Tom that is was probably the best Bash yet.

It was great to see all my old friends again and meet and wheel with Jarrett and Chad. Those guys were super impressive. I thought that being flatlanders they might be intimidated by the climbs and rocks, but they got right into the flow without missing a beat.

After breakling my locker Friday I spent Saturday riding with Aaron, Thanks EVER so much! What a great day! I thought that riding shotgun might be a dull event but, oddly enough, it was a lot of fun and exciting at times.

Since my Jeep was broken I had to find seats for my brother Denis, and my college roomie Jim. Fortunately Dan and Toby had empty seats and drug them around all day. Thanks a bunch, Guys! You saved my bacon!

I didn't take many pictures since I was driving alone Friday and afraid of what might happen to my camera if taken along in Crazy Eddie. Which probably was a well-founded concern - my rain pants are covered with muck, even though they spent the day in Eddie's "dry" box and I never put them on! These are the best.

This is Toby at my place Thursday morning. Ready to hit the road!

DSCN3497a.JPG

My roommate Jim with Toby and his Jeep. My broken CJ in the background on the trailer.

DSCN3504a.JPG

By brother and Dan. My brother is the old one. With white hair. And a beard. On the left.

DSCN3500a.JPG

Aaron and me. What a great guy he is!

DSCN3507a.JPG

EVERYTHING's easy for the guy who doesn't have to do it.
B. Dash Fabrication
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 10:17 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

We made it home just before 7:00 central time. I dropped Chad off and it took another hour or so to get back to my place and get everything unloaded. Wouldn't ya know, we did great as far as speed and mileage go... until we hit Nebraska. Smack dab into a 25-30mph cross ways headwind that slowed us down a bit.

Thanks to everyone. It was really great to have a chance to meet everyone and do something very different. Chad and I had a blast... but I think he's pissed he didn't have his own Jeep. Oh well... Incentive to get him back there again.

Gotta get some sleep, 12hr day tomorrow. Thanks again to EVERYONE for your hospitality and friendship.

Oh... one more thing... STOP RESISTING!!!

Is this the only hammer you've got?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Addict

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Jim Lou, Toby(), Tom & Dee for keeping the Tater & Pea dry and warm through the weekend. It seems tents are not our friend . Perhaps we should consider other options for camping next year. Great Bash thanks to Dale again. Aaron did a great job leading us through the Orange trails. Had a Blast!

Slightly Dented Tater and an 88 YJ !
I Love My Mangled JEEP!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Keyboard Implanted

sounds like an awesome time as usual.....even with the usual rain! sad to have missed it this year...

soooo...where are all the pictures?!

-----------
Doesn't-have-a-Jeep'n Greg
VISIT MY GUN STORE: http://www.AmericasBasement.com
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Everyone can stop thanking me...

I did nothing to make this years Bash happen. A few conversations, one phone call and bought the gift cards for the raffle.

Thank everyone that showed up.

Like I said before.... A small but mighty group. Enjoyed the companionship of all that came, was good to meet Jarrett (jdoggmoney) and Chad. We all had a good time and that's what we came for.

I did not take very many pictures, but here's what I have:

Click on the thumbnail.

I would really appreciate having a copy of everyone's Bash 2009 pictures on OlllllllOCJ's SWB Spring Bash Info Site - Home since there are photo albums from all but the first Bash there. Please help carry on the tradition by joining the web site and posting your pictures. If you have any problems or just don't want to join the site then just send the pictures to me and I'll post them up.

Let me have a very big round of for all the folks that made Bash 2009 a great Bash, everyone that came out to play.

Let's do a Fall Bash this year please... But that can wait for now.

Dale

Excellent Bad Example
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Journeyman

I made it home in 3.5 hrs, spent the rest unloading. What a great Bash! even with what rain we had. And Dale; we really can't thank you enough; your's will be big shoes to fill. I'll post pics soon if this site allows me on again. Sure was great to see everyone and make new friends to boot. Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode