Admin: Pay attention! - Page 3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 10:13 PM

Beside all the mud slinging above......

I would like to thank writeforus for paying attention and being on this board and aware of things going on here. He said a "bunch" in a few words if most don't know it.

Thanks buddy. I miss the old days too. I don't want this forum to die and I'm guessing I found my (hopefully) new "go to guy".

So if you're going to b1tch then at least offer to help guys. We could use more free labor in these times.

BUY MY CUSTOM STICKERS!!!!!!

((good women are REALLY hard to find! She buys me Jeep parts, never complains when I buy guns, Jeep parts,
And she makes GREAT sausage gravy!)TR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Dog View Post
Beside all the mud slinging above......

I would like to thank writeforus for paying attention and being on this board and aware of things going on here. He said a "bunch" in a few words if most don't know it.

Thanks buddy. I miss the old days too. I don't want this forum to die and I'm guessing I found my (hopefully) new "go to guy".

So if you're going to b1tch then at least offer to help guys. We could use more free labor in these times.
I'm willing to help but not sure what the heck you have going on here and time comes then goes. My current web sites are not my first priority and additional web duties won't get up to the top either.

Do you have a test or development site on another Server? Somehow I think that was a stupid question.

Someone send me an e-mail if you want my help... Or I'll just keep b1tching... No offense intended.

Dale

Excellent Bad Example
post #23 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Just Plain Need A Life

What's funny is that after I blasted my reply up there, I ALMOST deleted it all. This is the JEEP Board - the most active board we have. These guys will self-regulate.

I should have trusted you all more.

So thanks for most of the votes of support - but don't get your hopes TOO high! I really don't have a clue how to fix most of the issues you bring up re: this forum software. Unfortunately I'm not as techy as the past Administrators we've had here (Dean dreamt in bianary I think..) But what I can do is monitor it closely and bring in reinforcements that DO know what they are doing, sooner rather than later.

So I appreciate the confidence and I'll stay with it as long as you do. Or well, as long as, you know...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Keyboard Implanted

This site eats my IE also.... I really don't care much though.
As said before, most of the guys that I liked to communicate with on the board are gone. And it's not because of add blocker issues......

We burn Eprom Chips for throttle body conversions (Email [email protected])
Access our free TBI Conversion Information

C.J.O. Buck Wild Racing
O.G. 'Wreckin Crew'
Degenerate Wheeler
post #25 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron871 View Post
This site eats my IE also.... I really don't care much though.
As said before, most of the guys that I liked to communicate with on the board are gone. And it's not because of add blocker issues......
the site seems to be woring for me now.
Sorry Jim, I couldn't get on here and get my messages.

Know when this site largely died?
it was when the awesome for sale section went away.
I have always hated the current format.
OK, I'm bitching and I don't have any solutions, but I do know ONE ban that would revive this site...........

It's not what you have. It's what you do with what you have
post #26 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Like I said before,
I don't really care one way or the other...

I was just trying to point out some of the 'Issues' I was having with more than one browser,
And point out some of the 'Fixes' and places we go for help with the same software...

The orignal post REALLY didn't need any comments from anyone except for the forum 'Admin' to acknowledge there WAS a problem...

The script blocker sites were a help to the thread, but the general peanut gallery crap that goes on in every thread could have been left out and not been missed at all...

Anyway,
I'm running script blockers that seem to block most of the crap that locks things up...
But it makes my browsers so slow on other sites I haven't been inclined to keep them.

It might just be simpler to follow the rest of the knowledgeable guys to other sites until this one gets 'Fixed'...

One last bit of info,
Gelsoft software can be OVERWRITTEN.
You simply install the software right over the top of it's self, and it will restore default settings...
WITHOUT loosing any information in the archives.

We've done it several times down through the past 9 years we've used Gelsoft at the company when something REALLY screwed up, and it works quite well.

The forum will be down for appx. 35 minutes while the software loads and reinstalls, and you reset your control functions...
post #27 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

1. V Bulletin is a product from Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Not Gelsoft.
2. This mess runs inside of a much more complex site than a simple V Bulletin Forum.
3. Reloading the Forum won't fix this.

Dale

Excellent Bad Example
post #28 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlllllllOCJ View Post
1. V Bulletin is a product from Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Not Gelsoft.
2. This mess runs inside of a much more complex site than a simple V Bulletin Forum.
3. Reloading the Forum won't fix this.

Dale
See, the Peanut Gallery chimes in again...

First of all, isn't it *** that resorts to spell check when he doesn't have anything constructive to add?
And thanks for being a jerk!

I'm sure being late and tired has something to do with the misprint,
It's probably that I don't really care much either.

Secondly, the SOFTWARE FRAME for Jelsoft is over-writable.
We got the instructions from Jelsoft when we had a virus that got into the board files,
And once the virus was eliminated, Jelsoft support simply had us over-write the install files.

All archived information and files were saved, and the forum software was returned to factory settings.

Since then we have done it several times when things got messed up, and it's worked every time on every version of the Jelsoft product we use...

It's also worked for everyone on the Jelsoft discussion groups I frequent when I need answers...
I ask the Jelsoft geeks on the bbs dedicated to Jelsoft admins...

Third.
I don't know if reloading the software will fix any of the problems or not.
For 30 or 40 minutes of time and NO SKILL LEVEL involved, it might be worth a try...

And which 'THIS' were you referring to?
The advertisements running the posts off the page?

The script overloads?

The Board Admin loading the wrong version of animated advertisements?

The scrip problems that crash IE, and slow Mozella based browsers to a crawl?

Which one of those 'Issues' were you referring to as 'THIS'?

You need to be a little more precise when crapping on ideas that might help...
post #29 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Addict

working fine on my puter...IE7, Norton 360, no issues here at home, but workplace locks up this past week or so

'74 CJ5232 ci,Dana 30 & 44,basically a stock rig with fiber body
post #30 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Just Plain Need A Life

It looks fine on my laptop, so I was assuming something changed in set up of my desktop computer system when I set it up at new location. If others are seeing it pushed over, it may be a resolution thing and we can debate standard res and what may have changed or whatever...

But if things are not working in IE or Firefox, that I think is a different issue. Or perhaps Issues. I do still have our Production Manager on it, but no answer yet. I think I confused the two questions, and they aren't necessarily the same issue. TeamRush, in his snotty way, does have some good suggestions. If I can convince someone somewhere to run a re-install in the middle of the night so nothing is truly lost, that may be what we try next.

Need to read back to ID all the references in his "suggestions" - figure out what the consistent problem(s) is/(are)

**Elusive - you note you hate the current Classifieds format. I know it used to be HUGE because I was the one constantly approving new ads to screen Spam, so obviously other users agree with you. We were trying to find one solution that would do it all for us - forums, photo galleries, video, blogs, classifeds. We haven't found it, obviously, so we are still looking for the best of each. What other sites do have Classifieds you like, use frequently?

Last edited by writeforus; 05-20-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode