2nd Amendment poll - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

2nd Amendment poll

running on the USA Today website.

USATODAY.com - Quick Question

This isn't a political post, Taz, it's a gun issue.

EVERYTHING's easy for the guy who doesn't have to do it.
B. Dash Fabrication

Last edited by Jim_Lou; 04-17-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Official Curmudgeon

Nothing is political until somebody makes it political.

Second Amendment
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I don’t know what is difficult to understand there. It would seem the intent of the second amendment was to prevent the government from being able to intimidate the citizens into submission through superior military power. If the government can own nukes, I believe the people have the right to own nukes.

Same goes for Iran. If other countries can own nukes, Iran can own nukes. If they use them, they’re history.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Addict

FWIW: That poll still works, but it's left over from November 2007...

Lot's of projects... too little time and $$.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 10:26 AM
Way Outta Control

"""""If the government can own nukes, I believe the people have the right to own nukes."""""" --- TAZ

OMG -- Picture TAZ with a nuke!

Maybe arms control does make sense!

The 2nd Amendment has kept us free - at least so far.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Veteran

NO KIDDING!

Taz with a nuke is like a monkey with a loaded, cocked handgun!
--------------------------

Anyway, the Second Amendment doesn't say a word about FIREARMS...

It addresses the 'RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS'.
Arms could mean anything that can be used as a weapon.
--------------------------

I'm making money hand over fist building AR-15 rifles, just as fast as I can crank them out...
Started out at about $300 profit each, and have jacked that profit up to about $1,800 to $2,000 each!

Can't make them as fast as they are selling!
---------------------------

Having said that,
I can tell you something I already know, and most of the public with an I.Q. of over 40 already knows...

Regan, Bush I, and then Shrub (Bush II) have put enough far right wing supreme count justices on the bench we are in NO FEAR of loosing our second amendments rights.

AND,
This isn't the 'Left' coast, so there won't be any 'Assault Weapons' round ups here,
The only way they can get a 'Ban' across is to 'Grandfather' in what's already out there.

If you don't already have a Ruger Mini-14 or an AR-15 of some sort, I suggest you go get one (and pay me or someone like me about $1,800 in the process!),
Or wait for about 10 years for next opportunity to own one.

Right now, you can buy a FULLY AUTOMATIC M-16 for the same price as a Semi-Auto AR-15 is selling for... (Plus the $200 Government tax transfer paperwork)...
And YES, owning a fully automatic firearm entitles you to all the stuff that is 'Banned'...
If you are so inclined to exercise your second amendment rights fully!
(Most will not.)

If I were you, I'd go for the entire package...
Short barrel (Under 16" is illegal in most states, Military M-4 has 14" barrel),
Full Auto Capable, (that's 'Machine Gun' for the laymen)
And Suppressed, (that's 'Silencer' for the laymen)

That way you are legal no matter if you have a full length barrel upper, short barrel, with or without suppressor, ect... And you only have to pay one tax/transfer fee.
That way FULL AUTO, LONG OR SHORT BARREL TOP, SUPPRESSED OR NOT, all for the same fee...
----------------------------------

We may have to endure another 'Assault Weapons' ban that will be mostly cosmetic like the last one...

1. Screw on flash hiders,
You just pin the flash hider in place, then it's 'Permanent', no change in function.
Another way around it is to pin the 'Flash Hider' in place, then thread the outside of the flash hider for 'Attachments'...

2. Bayonet Lugs/Attachment points.
(Not an issue, just switch to a block for mounting 'Accessories' instead of mounting them to the bayonet lug)

3. High Capacity, DETACHABLE Magazines.

(Not an issue since most of the people in the know already have foot lockers of magazine bodies that are 'Pre Ban' and will install springs and use as needed)

A second way around the 'High Capacity Ban' will be to make the mags PERMANENTLY attached to the firearm and load from stripper clips from the top.

Another way to make a 'High Capacity' magazine legal was to cut a wooden dowel rod off and insert it under the mag follower so the mag would only hold 10 rounds.
Much like a 'Duck/Goose' plug fits in a shotgun magazine to limit the mag to 2 rounds.

4. Pistol Grips.

This is easy to defeat, all you need is a strap from bottom of grip to stock.
It's no longer a 'Pistol Grip', it's a 'Thumb Hole' stock.

5. Folding Stocks.

Anyone worth his weight in empty brass knows that you can't do anything but 'Spray & Pray' with a folded stock...
Real shooters use the stock... And the sights to deliver accurate fire on the target...
Instead of using a 'Folding' stock, you simply use a SHORT STOCK or DETACHABLE STOCK.
---------------------------------

Remember, choose MILITARY CLONE FIREARMS, and there will be a steady stream of 'Gray Market' magazines, spare parts, ect. for your firearm.

If you have a Beretta handguns and/or AR-15, the military magazines will fit your firearms, and can be picked up by the bucket full at any pawn shops around military bases.

Most former military guys wind up bringing a bucket load of mags home with them.

M-14 (Civilian version, M1A) magazines are a little harder to come by, but they are by no means impossible to locate and purchase.

Last edited by TeamRush; 04-17-2009 at 12:58 PM.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 05:58 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRush View Post
NO KIDDING!

If you don't already have a Ruger Mini-14 or an AR-15 of some sort, I suggest you go get one (and pay me or someone like me about $1,800 in the process!),
Or wait for about 10 years for next opportunity to own one.

Right now, you can buy a FULLY AUTOMATIC M-16 for the same price as a Semi-Auto AR-15 is selling for... (Plus the $200 Government tax transfer paperwork)...
And YES, owning a fully automatic firearm entitles you to all the stuff that is 'Banned'...
If you are so inclined to exercise your second amendment rights fully!
(Most will not.)

If I were you, I'd go for the entire package...
Short barrel (Under 16" is illegal in most states, Military M-4 has 14" barrel),
Full Auto Capable, (that's 'Machine Gun' for the laymen)
And Suppressed, (that's 'Silencer' for the laymen)

That way you are legal no matter if you have a full length barrel upper, short barrel, with or without suppressor, ect... And you only have to pay one tax/transfer fee.
That way FULL AUTO, LONG OR SHORT BARREL TOP, SUPPRESSED OR NOT, all for the same fee...

No smart-azziness intended but what exactly is the point? What is all the expense of the above going to do for John Q 99.9% Public?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spook2 View Post
No smart-azziness intended but what exactly is the point? What is all the expense of the above going to do for John Q 99.9% Public?
There is no 'POINT' to this thread!
This is a 'Jeep Tech' forum, and they are posting Firearms related, slightly disguised political commentary on it!

And,
The 'Secondary NON-Point is'...

People, especially Knee jerk extremest are idiots, and soon separated from their money!.

This weekend I sold USED PRIMERS, primers that were too old, or ones that I punched out of cartridge cases because they weren't what I wanted to use that day,
AND I SOLD THEM AT A GUN AUCTION FOR 1,500 TIMES WHAT THEY SOLD FOR NEW!

------------------------------------------

You can own an actual 'Automatic Firearm' under the second amendment,
CHEAPER than you can buy a lot of the 'Assault Weapons' in Semi Automatic right now!

Simply because people are generally stupid, panic stricken herds of Lemmings that can be steered into about any action by the correct advertisement or religious/political rhetoric.

And just to educate,
There is no such firearm designation as 'Assault Weapon'.

The term 'Assault Weapon' was coined by media as a 'Buzz Word' and doesn't designate or elminate any kind of firearm into or out of the grouping.

A long barrel, full stock BB gun can be included as an 'Assault Weapon' since there aren't any defined parameters (Clearly or generally defined)
---------------------------------------------

As far as second amendment rights go,
They have NOTHING to do with Jeep Tech.

We are NOT going to lose second amendment rights, since they have the fourth largest lobby group in the country behind Big Banking, Big Oil/Energy, Big Pharmaceuticals, then the Gun Rights manufactures/groups.

The majority of supreme court justices were appointed by far right wing presidents, Regan, Bush I, Shrub (Bush II), and then there is the little matter of the constitution...
So there won't be any standing challenges to the second amendment.

Obama's cabinet has announced that gun rights or gun bans aren't even on the agenda for the next year, maybe two before they even look into 'Gun Issues'...

The 'Attacks' on the second amendment are FABRICATED,
There are CURRENTLY NONE on the federal level.
And currently only one or two states are considering tougher state laws than they had before the election...

The SHORTAGES ARE FABRICATED...
But that won't keep me from cashing in on stupid people while I can!

If they will buy Firearms, brass, bullets, primers I have already rejected as 'Unsatisfactory' at greatly inflated prices, then I'm getting in while the getting is good!

If a $15 brick of primers will sell for $300 at the gun shows, I'm selling them!
Then I'll get on the waiting list for the next few bricks at $15 each again!

If a $450 rifle will sell for $2,500, then I'll sell it and build another one! There are no shortage of the receivers, parts, ect., and there is no danger of a 'Ban' anytime soon...
So why not take advantage of the 'Panic' buying going on!?

AND,
Why not point out how stupid people are acting when it comes to the 'Second Amendment Issues' right now!?

I told people at the auction to their faces they were idiots for shelling out $2,000 for a $450 rifle, but that didn't slow down the bidding on my rifles!...

Same with the brass/primers/powder at the gun shows!

I detest stupid people, but I sure like to see them flood in when the doors open waving wads of cash money!
I guess it's the duality of man showing through there!

And later on, in a year or two, I'll buy the stuff I want back at yard sales or auctions for 1/1,000 the price they paid for it "Way Back On '09"
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey TR, Thumb hole stocks are illegal out here as well. The new 'workaround' for a detachable clip is a button, you push a shell into to drop the clip..

Oh and AR-15 lowers are way backordered out here! Last time I looked they are going for $250.

As a O/T do you know a good scope mount for my Mini-14? So far all the after-market stuff I have tried is junk.

Scott
1985 CJ7 T.H.O.R

"He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm."
-Psalm 40:2
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorjeep View Post
Hey TR, Thumb hole stocks are illegal out here as well. The new 'workaround' for a detachable clip is a button, you push a shell into to drop the clip..
Drop the MAGAZINE... Not the 'Clip'....
Let's not get the anti-gunners after end block clips for M-1 Garands and stripper clips for everything else!

And YES, I saw those, but not being from CA, I had to ask what they were when I saw them!

The best one I saw was a 90 round delta drum under an AR reciever...
With an aluminum strap welded under it, front to rear to keep the drum from being 'Removable'...

You simply opened the rifle, used stripper clips to load up 90 rounds, and whacked away for the next week or so until it was empty again!
By ATF standards, and by CA standards, that was a 'Non removable, INTERNAL MAGAZINE, so it wasn't covered under the Clinton 'Assault Weapons' ban!)
------------------

Quote:
Oh and AR-15 lowers are way backordered out here! Last time I looked they are going for $250.
I just purchased two for $125 each this weekend.
No shortage around here yet...

I have about 10 very good quality receivers on order, but I sold more rifles than I expected this month, so I just purchased a couple of receivers at the local gun store to hold me over...

I didn't think AR style rifles were legal in CA at all?
Don't they have the 'Military & Assault Weapons Ban'?
I haven't lived there since '94, so I'm not all up on the In's & Out's of the 'left coast' laws...

I live in one of the 'Notches' of the 'Bible/Rust' belt, and anything short of nuclear equipped guided missiles for cub-scouts is legal...
--------------------------------

Quote:
As a O/T do you know a good scope mount for my Mini-14? So far all the after-market stuff I have tried is junk.
My favorite maker is out of business, but Badger Ordnance used to make one that I liked almost equally as well.
Expensive, but worth every penny if you intend to make a tack driver out of it.

Speaking of Mini-14's, I picked one up at the auction Sat.
Stainless, with factory folding stock, orignal box, case, extra mags, ect.
Got it for $495 while my $450 AR's were selling for $1,800 to $2,500 !!!!!

I'll never know what people are thinking!
------------------

Picked up a little rim fire shooter too!
Henry 'Golden Boy' in .22LR! Got it for about $100 of dealer cost ($275) and I had been wanting one for a LONG time, so now I have one!

They shoot GOOD! I like them!
I'm WAY into the older guns,
Stevens Favorites, Crack Shots, Marlin Gold Trigger,
Lots of brass frame, muzzle loading pistols, rolling block & falling block rifles, 'Cowboy' guns, stuff like that!

The 'Assault Weapons' pay the bills, while the 'Antique' stuff puts a smile on my face!

Rimfires, especally .22 LR won't break your shoulder, budget or ear drums!
You can still go shoot all day for $20 worth of ammo!

I'm looking for a .17 HMR right now.
I bought a .17 Mach2 by mistake a while back, and finally got around to shooting it...
WHAT A GREAT FUN RIFLE!

It's DEADLY ACCURATE, cheap to shoot (about $7 or $8 for 50 rounds around here) and it barely makes noise!

Makes a REAL MESS out of crows, cats, rats, ground hogs and prairie dogs too!

I've got a feeling a .17 WMR will all but retire my .22-250 for 'Varmints' about the same way my .17 Mach 2 has pretty much retired my .22 Mag for 'Plinking' and short range, small varmint control!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRush View Post
There is no 'POINT' to this thread!
This is a 'Jeep Tech' forum, and they are posting Firearms related, slightly disguised political commentary on it!

And,
The 'Secondary NON-Point is'...

People, especially Knee jerk extremest are idiots, and soon separated from their money!.

I wasn't questioning the point of the thread ( a little OT here and there keeps things interesting) but rather the point of John Q owning a fully automatic silenced anything, nor was I questioning the 2nd amendment political arguments.

If it's "to fight the man" when it hits the fan then I call BS. The only thing that is going to happen to the fast majority of people of that mindset is a swift trip to 3 across and 6 down.

I'd wager there are few "organized militias" and equally few individuals prepared and trained enough to stand up to the military, be it ours or anyone likely to invade.

I spent enough time in the USMC to know that if it gets ugly, the best thing I can do to ensure the survival of me and mine would be to grab a decent hunting rifle, a good shotgun, and get the h3ll out of dodge.

On secondary non-point #2, you get no argument from me at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode