DUI for 258!!! yes they have em!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-10-1999, 05:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

DUI for 258!!! yes they have em!!

Hay Jeep bros I stoped at davis unified dist to day and they checked out my cj they are a great bunch of guys I let them know about the 258 and they said that they now make one for the 258 call them 901-396-5782 give the specks on you engine and they will build one for you in about 4 days and ship it to you. tell them that taco ed sent you .. it wont get you a discount but it will let them know that im puttin the word out. jeep hard or go home ..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-11-1999, 02:18 PM
Addict

Re: DUI for 258!!! yes they have em!!

Don't really need a DUI for a 258, an I6 GM HEI works just fine.

You should have asked them how they came up with their pricing for the AMC 360 DUI... the problem being that there are a TON of jeepers who would love to put an HEI into their 360 (including me), but the price is holding them back. If they dropped the price a hundred bucks, they would sell hundreds more [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Just my gripe for the day... I'm not meaning to shoot the messenger

Jeeper2
'86 CJ7/258/HEI/TF999/Dana44
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-11-1999, 05:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What will the DUI for the 258 get me that proper curve tuning of my existing HEI conversion won't? Just trying to find out what is so great about the DUI for the 6 cyl. I only put $100 into converting mine to HEI and I'll bet the DUI is a lot higher, based on what it runs for the 304.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-11-1999, 07:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well price wise they are proud of what they make i feel they should drop down on price also and they would sell a lott more of them things. well it will give your 6 banger a bit more spark and save you some hasstles down the road but run what you brung and have fun my jeepn bro's

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-15-1999, 08:40 PM
Wrangler88

so how much is a new DUI for the 258 and how hard is it to install? and what the overall benefit of using it?
thanks
Mikey

(\/)ikey 1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-15-1999, 11:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Simply too much money for something most of us can get at the local salvage yard. To have an HEI properly curved you would need to take the whole vehicle to a speed shop... just giving them some specs doesnt tell them what kind of condition the engine/timing chain is in.

I applaud DUI for making the AMC V8 setup but coming out with an HEI for the 258 and charging $300+ is absurd.

***** I dont know if in fact that is what they charge for the 258's but considering there is no machining that needs to be done the thing should cost less than $200

My $.02,

LarryM
85 CJ7, 350TBI ,T19 4spd
'00 TJ Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode