OT: Finally found something to excite my Son!!!!!!!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Addict

OT: Finally found something to excite my Son!!!!!!!!!!

I bought my son a new Diamond Edge this week end.(for non archers thats a Bow) NOW let me tell you about my son, I may be braging but I don't mean to be. The kids a straight A student, 2nd degree black belt, beta club and seems to be able to do anything he wants to do or is asked to do. But nothing ever excites him. He got bored with base ball because he was always picked for the all star team and spent the whole summer playing and practicing, new video games don't excite him that much, even though he likes playing them, deer hunting is only soso, Fishing wasn't fun until I taught him to fly fish, and he can still take it or leave it. But when he picked up that bow, and started shooting it this weekend, a new light came in his eyes, we shot at an indoor range where I bought the bow Friday, for a couple of hours, Shot at the house Saturday as much as possible' shot at the range again ALL DAY Sunday, (we are between churches) and when we got home he shot for another 2 hours! this evening after he got home from school, my wife said he shot for another hour before going to his sisters softball practice! Its nice to see some spark for a change! thank you archery gods!!!!!!!!!
OH he's only 12

73 CJ5 And 2 Ranchers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Can't Get Enough

good deal, everyone has a little something that tickles their fancy and he might have just found one of the things in life that he will enjoy.

kerryp
2008 Rubicon
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Way Outta Control

He's 12... soon the testosterone will be pumpin' through his body, and you'll find that LOTS of things will excite him. Enjoy the calm while you can... it can be a rough ride the next few years as he exits boyhood and enters manhood. If Archery can help ease the transition... great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Enthusiast

Glad to hear that there is another arrow slinger out there. When my son turned 12 I got him a Bowtech miranda which is awesome, it replaced his bear cub. He is now 14 and is growing out of it He loves this sport, we do 3 D shoots as much as possible. He is currently undefeated for his 5th year now, which keeps him coming back for more. Unfortunatly this is an expensive hobby, hopefully this will be his last upgrade for a while.

74 CJ-5 401tbi, T176,dana 300, 35 pitbull rockers,8274 warn winch, Trailer Queen.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Unfortunatly this is an expensive hobby,
Buy him a Jeep instead.

EVERYTHING's easy for the guy who doesn't have to do it.
B. Dash Fabrication
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 05:05 PM

Don't mean to brag? Why not? Brag on proud papa!!!!!

(bragging voice) BTW my daughter's a straight A student too.

BUY MY CUSTOM STICKERS!!!!!!

((good women are REALLY hard to find! She buys me Jeep parts, never complains when I buy guns, Jeep parts,
And she makes GREAT sausage gravy!)TR
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Thanks guys. He is something else. Archery may be expensive but for now I think I'll stick to one jeep. I was actually looking for one for him when my wife bought me mine. guess she thought I was using him for an excuse like I do when I see a new gun I want or some other peace of hunting parafinailia. he can borrow it though. (maybe)
JD

73 CJ5 And 2 Ranchers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode