CJ-5 Interior Help, please - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Addict

CJ-5 Interior Help, please

Hey guys, I come to you with this question because my friends and the people that I deal with on a daily basis have no clue about Jeep stuff.
I have a 1979 CJ-5 and I'm looking for some unusual interior items. Does anyone know where to find a hot pink dash board and a pair of hot pink sun visors? I am currently doing body work and getting ready for paint so I'd like to find these by late spring or early summer. Yeah I said hot pink, this is not my boy friends jeep.

Please keep in mind that I'm new here, so be kind to me if I messed this up

I'm not your average blonde bimbo....I'm above average!!

Last edited by jeep girl; 04-04-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 06:13 PM

Well...since I'm building a Wrangler with my daughter and we are dark blue with pink flames, I perfectly understand your situation.

There is nothing available that you can buy. The visors and I'd assume your talking about the vinyl dash pad can be dyed using an interior dye. Eastwood products makes a dye that I've used, though I don't believe it comes in pink. I'd try a local automotive store that specialized in paint, such as a PPG, Dupont, or Sherwin Williams dealer. IF they don't have it, they can probably mix it. Most interior dyes are fairly cheap, around $11.00 or so. I've used black and gray from Eastwood and have had good luck. If your talking the steel dash thats in the Jeep, have them custom mix a pint, or a spray can if your doing this yourself. If you don't have visors, e-mail me, I have an extra set you can have.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Thanks lilrick, sorry I was not clear about the dash, yes I have a dash pad. It is blue and not in the best of shape. I would really like hot pink for what I'm doing with my jeep. I will try to just buy a new one some where and have it dyed or painted or something. The visors that I have are also blue and made of vinyl. Probably won't dye or paint very well, I guess I need to look for replacements that are made of cloth.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 07:56 PM

Welcome to the board! I'm glad you're above average! We have something in common - I'm not a regular fool, I'm a special fool.

Actually there are dyes for vinyl, and they work pretty well. But it will be difficult to do from a dark color to a light one. It will be a whole lot easier to dye to pink if you start with white or off-white vinyl.

Look for an automotive uphoplstery shop. They might be able to help you. It should be fairly cheap to recover your visors with pink vinyl or white vinyl and dye it pink.

The flat dash is easy to paint any color you want or cover with vinyl. The pad at the top is another thing. It's not easy to form vinyl around those curves. You might be better off to leave it off if it won't dye. It was an option anyway. My '78 never had one.

EVERYTHING's easy for the guy who doesn't have to do it.
B. Dash Fabrication
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 05:28 AM

you can get a new dash pad from any of the many jeep parts catalogs out there and they come in a variety of colors excluding hot pink but you can get a lighter color than blue. you may want to go without the dash pad any way because they have been known to soak with water and cause the dash to rot. I dont use them. be sure to keep us updated on your girl jeep build with pictures.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Can't Get Enough

I can't help you with the hot pink interior but my wife says to get one of these made for your windshield!!!!
[/IMG]
You could allways get one made in hot pink. I don't realy agree with her but it's her jeep so she gets the sticker!!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Hi Bob, I like that sticker but tell your wife that I already have a new one, it says "filthy, dirty, jeep girl" and it is in pink lettering. If you want to know where I found it I could look that info up for ya.

JG

post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Addict

OOOOOOOH! she"s gonna have everybody on the board answereing her posts!
Even if they don't have an answer!
Welcome to the board!
JD

73 CJ5 And 2 Ranchers.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Addict

I bought a new dash pad cover from Quadratec and Lil Rick is helping me out by dyeing it hot pink for me....Thanks Rick, you're a real sweetie. I still have to buy 2 new front fenders and then I'll be ready to start putting my CJ-5 back together again, better than ever I hope. Give me a little time and I'll post some pics of the build. Thank you, to all of you for your advice and comments.

Last edited by jeep girl; 04-17-2008 at 11:19 PM.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 07:50 AM
Addict

just ask dirt dog he likes pink
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode