Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   Rockport April 19 (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/228644-rockport-april-19-a.html)

Jim_Lou 04-02-2008 11:23 AM

Rockport April 19

Toby, Brad and I are talking about a shakedown run up to Rockport, or maybe Hannibal Rocks, on the 19th. No definite plans yet, and it could be delayed to the following weekend. I might take Jerome Motorhome up so we could make a long day of it. Anyone else interested?

TOBY 04-02-2008 08:54 PM

Toby's in !

Jim_Lou 04-13-2008 07:03 AM

It's been quite a while since I got anything from the Wambles about Rockport - it's all been about Hannibal Rocks, so I sent Deb an e-mail a few days ago asking about Rockport's status. She replied that they had sold Rockport a year ago to concentrate on HR. She didn't say whether Rockport is still open under new owners and a new name.

Hannibal Rocks is at New London, Missouri, which is almost exactly the same distance from this area. So what now? I suggest that we go by the Rockport location to see if it's still open, and if it is, decide whether to stay there or go on to HR. And if it isn't open, just go on to HR. That will add about 30 miles to the trip.

Brad, you still with us?

JeepnGreg 04-13-2008 10:02 AM

hey Jim,

last i heard was Rockport was not open anymore...closed thier doors for good there when they sold....the new owner didnt buy the land to run an offroad park

i remember seeing their land for sale for a lot of millions of dollars....i can only imagine how big their payments on that had to be!!!

take some pics while yur out at HR.....so that I may live vicariously though them :)

KentuckyCrawler 04-13-2008 11:11 AM

Jim,

I hate to do it but I am going to have to pass on this trip. I am spending any free moment I can get working on my house to get it ready to sale. All the rain we have been getting has destroyed my driveway. Also, I am working really hard on the buggy to have it ready for the bash but more improtantly so I can finish it and get it out of my gargae and into storage. I usually only get Saturday and Sunday morning to work because I travel Friday evening and Sunday evening.

Sorry,

Brad

Jim_Lou 04-13-2008 11:21 AM

Well, phooey! I guess it's just Toby and me. We don't have any real plans yet, but I was thinking about leaving my Jeep home and just giving Frank's a good workout. Now maybe I'll take mine too, just to get him out of trouble. :D Ah dunno.

I'm sure we'll bring lots of pics back, and post a few to show what it's like.

Jim_Lou 04-15-2008 03:58 PM

We're planning to go up Friday afternoon with the motor home and his Jeep. Play Saturday and come back Saturday evening or Sunday morning. Still trying to attract a crowd.