Grumble Grumble Eerg! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Way Outta Control

Grumble Grumble Eerg!

They are supposed to be engineers - why can't they think?

My Rubi just up and quit running. The fuel pump died.
1. No Schrader valve or access to the fuel rail for a pressure test, other than removing an injector line or the fuel line.

2. The pump is inside the tank, so the tank has to come off. It's a pain, especially since the tank was full.

Don't they know the pump will fail someday?

Why didn't they put an access plate in the floor above the tank to make it easy? It could be sealed but screwed in place.
Just a little logic is all it takes.

You can bet before the tank goes back in it'll have an access plate!

3. Another place that could use an access plate is in the front floor - so it would be easy to get to the CPS.

Something to think about if you are building one and have the body off or engine out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 02:20 AM
Addict

Thats the problem, there're "SUPPOSEDLY ENGINEERS" they don't have to work in any of the fields they "DESIGN" for. Someone somewhere should make it a requirement that "ALL ENGINEERS" and "DESIGN" personnel should have to put in a couple of years in the field they want to work in. Some of the best "ELECTRICAL/MECHANICAL ENGINEERS" I have ever worked alongside of had worked in the field after, and some, before, they had their schooling in that particular field. Most of the ones I worked with had the attitude, "IF IT LOOKS GOOD ON PAPER, FUKIT" I don't have to assemble it or work on it and thats wrong. Anytime I "DESIGN, BUILD" anything I make sure its easy and simple to deal with all the way around. I realize most of "THE JOB" is proper planning, and if done correctly makes everyone's job easier and quicker all the way around and sometimes the "DESIGN/BUILD/QUALITY" is better for everyone, but alas money is also one of the culprits in the assembly of the whole ball of wax and "WE" the people suffer for it all, but that is just my opinion.

Last edited by Booger; 03-24-2008 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Because I can
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Veteran

If they made vehicles too easy to work on, fewer people would take them to the dealerships for service!

Scott

"The devil is red, but his money is green."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Old Hand

newer jeeps

its all about the money every extra item costs so they wont put in anything to keep their cost down.. thats why i like the older jeep keep it simple easy to work on. too bad they have to mess with them....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode