Heyyyyyyyyyyyy Dirtdog - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy Dirtdog

Your Mauser .22 trainer is on gunbroker.com, nice specimen, if I hadn't just bought another K-98 shooter for deer, I'd consider it, but I can't right now, check it out.

Booger

"Sometimes Insanity and Genius walk the same side of the street"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 09:20 AM

They actually have several. Which one you talking about? The ones I saw were made of unobtainium.

BUY MY CUSTOM STICKERS!!!!!!

((good women are REALLY hard to find! She buys me Jeep parts, never complains when I buy guns, Jeep parts,
And she makes GREAT sausage gravy!)TR
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Addict

What the heck is that, the one I was looking at was in the showcase auctions and looked just like the two mausers I currently have but the caliber was .22, enlighten me.

Booger

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 07:40 PM

Unobtainium = 2 to 5 grand they wanted for them. There were several (mausers and enfields at a few hundred but have the reserve over $1400)

Want one? Yes.

But not close to that bad. They were CHEAP a couple years ago and I had no itch for them.

Oh well. Not the first time for this type of thing. Besides my aim is differently directed at the moment. Think M1a national match. Buddy has one that I'm trying to get out of his hands without letting go of my house, wife and daughter. J/K Who knows.....I might get it when he gets hard up enough. (we both know what it's worth)

((good women are REALLY hard to find! She buys me Jeep parts, never complains when I buy guns, Jeep parts,
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Addict

The Garand in the picture I sent you was all H&R, I just bought a SA Garand, not my fondest brand but 2 weeks ago I shot it with open sights and man was that ever a shooter, noooooooooooo cans were safe at 210 yards with open sights. I'm going to buy a boyd's stock and dress it up some, right now its kinda rough but "its a shooter", I paid less than 500 for my trainer, best time to shop gunbroker is around the holidays and when alot of people are out of town, bought quite a few around them times and got fantastic deals on them.
I'll have to send you some pic's of all my .22's that I've built over the years.

Booger

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 06:37 PM

I need a garand too. But I wasn't talking about an M1 garand, but an M1a (M14). They tend to run a little higher for all but the top garands.

Wanna sell me that SA for the under 5 you got it for?

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Dog View Post
I need a garand too. But I wasn't talking about an M1 garand, but an M1a (M14). They tend to run a little higher for all but the top garands.

Wanna sell me that SA for the under 5 you got it for?
my best friend just bought a fully decked out M1A/M14 SOCOM II with the fancy rail system from Springfield armory... $1900!!!!

needless to say I'm pretty jealous

-----------
Doesn't-have-a-Jeep'n Greg
VISIT MY GUN STORE: http://www.AmericasBasement.com
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
Addict

I have a good friend that bought one of them M-14's all decked out and he wished he had my H&R Garand instead, mine still has cosmoline on it and all the sight adjusters have the paint in them, I'd consider it top shelf, haven't seen better yet, even most of the NM rifles I've seen are junky, matter of fact he now wants my other Garand I paid 510 for, the 14 he bought was 1400 and made to the Coast Guard Spec's, green parkerizing, and has all the "Good Stuff?" and in his eyes is a POS, my eyes too, just don't like em, his don't shoot as well as my low end 510 Garand, they weren't real popular in nam either. When I was in Military School we carried and shot Garands sooooo I'm partial to them, I shot expert on the 1000 yard range in the 8th grade with Garands and thereafter till I left. Naw, can't sell none of my stuff, be like selling my kids, if I was married, I'd consider selling my wife, you just have to have a spare cash stash and keep your eyes open for them deals, its going to get rougher, more so for some people, sooooo keep your eyes open. That K-98 I just bought for 250 came with a mildot 44MM scope. My next purchase will be some reloading supplies, less than 500 worth and I'll be set to shoot and hunt for over the next 10 years, whenever I desire.

Booger

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode