What is wrong with people #2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

What is wrong with people #2

Funny how things keep repeating themselves.
We talked about how bad salesmen can be last time. We found out the lot next to us was for sale and we wanted to buy it. So I contact the owner (A Bank) and it took them 3 weeks to determine their asking price. A which point on Monday they called with the price. Wife accepted on the phone (Price was reasonable) and they while sounding supprised said they would contact us on tue so we can draw up the papers. So when they hadent called on Wed we started doing the realitor chase. Left voicemails everywhere ewe have numbers for and narry a word from them. I called the owner and told them I had cash in hand and she spent the day chasing the realitor and here it is Friday night and still no word. So I have found another profession wheere business is so good they don't have to return phone calls or actually conduct business to eat.

Ya only go around once, best to enjoy it the first trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 12:42 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Jeff....maybe you are being too nice............they may think they can take advantage of you....

Feel like playing poker? Tell them that you changed your mind.....too much money.....call the main reality office and tell them they are loosing out on a sale because the realitor can't be bothered to do their job.

AKA DDawg16
84 CJ7, SOA, 5.7LTBI, 4L60E, 35"x12.5, 4.10 gears, F/Det, R/ARB, Full Roll Cage,
D44 Flat top in progress...
Link to my Frame up Restore
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Started to go that route, but the property is business property and handled by some global reality and assets company. I think the problem is most of their properties are listed as 500,000+ a acre. I think this piece is just too small for them to want to fool with. I contacted the owner's rep and she semed upset about the issue but hasn't gotten anything done. This is one of those touchy situations where we are going to have to pay the asking price and not tick anyone off to the point of walking away. It just amazes me the easier you make it on thes people the less you get out of them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 04:01 AM
Way Outta Control

It's interesting that in times like these where property values are down, most realtors just give up. They take the attitude that there aren't any buyers.

Those same ones complained when values were up - "everything was too expensive."

What would they consider "good times?" I think if the phone was ringing off the hook with buyers and sellers they'd complain that there are too many.

I know some real estate people that are doing well now - bargains are everywhere! But they keep in touch and answer the phone.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 04:45 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio_Grande View Post
told them I had cash in hand
There's the problem, they are only going to get the simple profit in the price. If you said you needed to find a lender and did they know someone, then there is at least one more of their friends that will get a profit. Then before you sign anything commiting to using that lender just say you want the deal done quick so you'll pay cash.

That is why they may be looking for a buyer that will pay less but use their lender (side deals implied).

Can you hear the silence?

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it's taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just because I can afford to lose money don't mean I should do it." Charles Barkley
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I hear ya Jeff......I've just had a somewhat similar problem...

I've been looking at land to buy for hunting and the such. I found one 20 acre land that was reasonable in price and was going to look, and then put in an offer. My agent calls the listing agent and gets some info... I needed one more piece of info to make up my mind and the booger just wont return calls or emails....its been over a week and a half.....far too long i think.

We called his main office number and talked to the owners and everythnig..... they said they would try to get him to call....nothing.

how the hell are they supposed to make money if they dont want to talk to the people who want to give it to them!?!?!?!??!?

very frustrating....I called back one more time and told them where to stick it and that i'd take my money to an other brokerage place that actually wants my business.

I'm startnig to think that many people real estate are just one small step above "used car salesman"....I have a great agent, but it took a long time to find her and other peoples agents still suck.....

-----------
Doesn't-have-a-Jeep'n Greg
VISIT MY GUN STORE: http://www.AmericasBasement.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I can't give up in this case but were the situation diffrent I would be ready to tell them where to go.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

1 week later I finally spoke to the agent handling the sale and he is sending the complete written agreement for the price and terms.

We went to the bank and got approved on everthing last week so if all goes well we will have an additional 30x40x12 building with a lift in it. Funny part was after I got everything squared away he started pushing me about how long it will take my bank to square this away. I mentioned it would be done by now if I had been able to get the document last Monday.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio_Grande View Post
Funny part was after I got everything squared away he started pushing me about how long it will take my bank to square this away. I mentioned it would be done by now if I had been able to get the document last Monday.

i.e. he dropped the ball and seller is asking what's taking YOU so long to get back with him

The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness. - Joseph Conrad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode