My New addition to the Family - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

My New addition to the Family

This is my new edition of the family... (The Red Jeep)

She's a stout little beast...
AMC 401, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Holley OffRoad 670 Truck Avenger, DUI HEI with Live wires, Ford T18 Granny, Dana 20 with Tera Low and HD output shafts (32 spline), Rear Drive shaft is 32 1/4" front driveshaft is 33", Dana 60 front with 4.56 gears and detroit locker long side narrowed 4", FF14 Bolt Rear with 4.56 gears and detroit locker, 38" swampers mounted on Humvee Run-Flat Beadlocks, Custom Front work, CUstom Flat fenders, custom cross member, Body has been cut, Roll Cage tied to frame, Side Rock Rails, Rancho 9000 shocks, Soa, Waggy springs, aftermarket bucket seats, HD High Steer... There's sooooo many goodies with this Jeep... I also Got a york Compressor with mounting bracket already in-place... You name it. I'm only skimming the surface with all of the extra goodies, parts etc... I'll have more pics to come in the next week or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Keyboard Implanted

looks good.....do you know who did the build?

i always worry about getting pre-built jeeps, since you never are sure what you're getting...

gonna keep it as is? use parts? change stuff?

-----------
Doesn't-have-a-Jeep'n Greg
VISIT MY GUN STORE: http://www.AmericasBasement.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

The PO had it Built In California (I Have all the reciepts) at Lavender Brothers Check it out at Lavender Brothers 4X4 is now Triple-X Traction!... and scroll down to "Adams CJ7" That's when it was 1st built... The PO is a stand-up guy and gave me a run through of any issues etc. It used to get hot without a thermostat but I adjusted the timing (I had to clock the distributor to get more timing) and tweaked the carb. Now she runs 165* with both fans running and a 180* thermostat... (I need to run the fans on independant switches). Dual Flex-A-Lite fans draw A LOT OF AIR through that radiator.
Honestly I'm not going to change much.. everything I wanted to do with my Green Jeep has been done on this one.. Now I can focus the mudding aspect on the Green Jeep
Parts.... I have double, triple of everything... Stub shafts, oil pans, you name it, it's there. The PO also has a brand new 8724 Warn Winch for $1000 still in plastic etc... Temptation is there, but I think I'm going to find a good used one for cheaper. I do have afew electrical issues... Faulty light switch and most likely grounds... Nothing major... I am painting it to look like the other Jeep Olive Drab and black highlights with the star on the hood and stenciled letters/numbers...

Last edited by [email protected]; 11-22-2007 at 09:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 09:37 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

looks like a nice find....hate to think what you paid for it.....but most likely a lot less than what the PO had in it......

Ya know....if you are going to paint it, why not pull the tub and do it right....and fixing all the body grounds at the same time.....

What year is that beast?

And what are you going to do with that new winch?

AKA DDawg16
84 CJ7, SOA, 5.7LTBI, 4L60E, 35"x12.5, 4.10 gears, F/Det, R/ARB, Full Roll Cage,
D44 Flat top in progress...
Link to my Frame up Restore
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

I paid $5500 for it, Which IMO it was well worth it... Everything is fully functional, drives good, shifts smooth, It's a beast. The Reciepts total way more than that .... Well, when I say paint I mean rattle can ... I'll most likely roll it and slam it into a few trees and rocks so there's no sense in doing a $$$ paint job... Plus there's a lot of other goodies I have to unbolt etc etc... That alone will take too much time for me.. The body grounds are good... It's the light grounds that need to be fixed, nothing major. The Jeep is a 1980... The Green Jeep is a 1982 (Don't pay attention to the hood, painting error... I had Too many Cold ones at the time of painting).
I don't have the winch... The PO still has it... I'm tempted to buy it though, perhaps when taxes roll around... (This way my ole' lady won't kill me).. I also still have to price those winches out... But, I'd like to be able to find an older one that works like new.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Here's a look with some paint on it... Not finished.

Here is an example of what all of the welds look like... This was and is a + in my decision to buy it.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Journeyman

That is a screaming deal! PO get tired of having fun?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Not exactly... He moved up in the crawling/flex world... His new buggy is sick!
I'll try to find a link and paste it.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 07:33 PM

Looks good, and I like the "new" OD better than what was on it.

BUY MY CUSTOM STICKERS!!!!!!

((good women are REALLY hard to find! She buys me Jeep parts, never complains when I buy guns, Jeep parts,
And she makes GREAT sausage gravy!)TR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode