Looking for a good on-line store for parts. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

Looking for a good on-line store for parts.

Hi - can anyone recommend a good on-line store for Jeep parts?

I don't need any of the super-high performance stuff... but I also don't want to get any junk.

Looking to buy things like a new alternator, power steering pump, etc.

Thanks,

-John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 04:52 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

For the generic hard parts...alt, PS pump, etc...unless you buy used, you are not going to get any real deals online....

For alternators, find your local alternator shop...better quality for the money....in most cases their rebuilt unit will be cheaper than anything else you can find.

For the rest - NAPA....yea, you might pay a couple more bucks but you will only have to replace it once.....and they give AAA discounts.

For all the rest - Krage . About the best price you will find for jeep specific parts.

AKA DDawg16
84 CJ7, SOA, 5.7LTBI, 4L60E, 35"x12.5, 4.10 gears, F/Det, R/ARB, Full Roll Cage,
D44 Flat top in progress...
Link to my Frame up Restore
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Can't Get Enough

A big +1 for Krage

1974 CJ5, D30, D20, D44, T15, 2.5" BDS Lift, 33's, Dual ARB's, 4.27's, Front Cage

/| , [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-----)_)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 07:24 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I favor Jeep Parts, Jeep Accessories, and Tops by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware

Great service every time, and good technical support......
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Veteran

dc4x4.com,...he's not going to list prices, so you need to email or call him. I've never had a problem getting what I wanted and if he doesn't have it, he'll refer you to somebody that does. Also, catalog companies are only used for a "wish list" because they don't always "match price" like they say.

"Every time I see someone on a bicycle
I fear less for the future of the human race."
H.G. Wells
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Way Outta Control

When I go on-line for parts...my supplier of choice is JC Whitney. Nope, I'm not nuts... just dumb like a fox. Follow my rational.

You plan for the part... lots of time. I call JCW. Take lots of notes and ask them detailed questions abut the part and how long it will take to ship it and have it arrive. If they answer the questions and promise a ship date that I can live with, I order the part.

Now for the fun.

They ALWAYS screw up the order, somehow. So I calmly call them back and ask what they're going to do for me to keep my business? Usually they do one of two things:
  • The give me a 25% discount
  • They give me a 30% discount and the shipping
In any case, I get a quality part (Yes, JCW DOES have quality parts), at a more than fair price.

If I need the part tomorrow, and the order be correct, then I order from 4 Wheel Drive Hardware (NOT 4 wheel drive warehouse). This company is a class act and has NEVER disappointed me. Even when I screw up the order, and order the wrong part they're gracious and take back the part at no restock fee and say: "Thanks for your business." You can't do better than that.

As for NAPA, I use them locally, and have had a few disappointments. But they are my auto parts store of choice. They have good parts, and usually competent counter personnel who have given me more great information than I can shake a stick at. I save enough at NAPA to pay for the AAA membership when I use their discount. Also, they give an AARP discount. Often NAPA will have other discounts available... but you've got to ask. Once I was given an East Spokane Valley School District Discount when I wasn't even associated with the ESVSD. I also like the fact that it's a nation wide chain and warranty.

I also like the manuals on the Autozone site. They're great for simple, fast reference, and can be electronically saved. Just last week-end I used that site to replace the heater core in my 89 Crown Vic. It saved me HOURS of work disassembling and reassembling the dash.

Last edited by LEVE; 10-23-2007 at 08:41 AM.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 03:01 AM

I have had great sucess with quadratec.com. They have given me great tech support, and me being in korea i can do every thing just by e-mailing my sales person Howard. They give me a good military discount which I see as being important. The last lift kit I bought from them came to my house in CT within 2 days normal shipping. Its what I use.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 08:08 AM
Keyboard Implanted

For my Basic Parts I just run down to the local Parts store. In Order of my prefernce, O'riellys, NAPA, Advanced Auto, and AutoZone as a LAST RESORT!

Not too often I can't get what I need from them. When I can't find it from them, I'll hit up Krage (Jeepdoc.com), RuffStuff Specialities, DC4wd, Mad4x4.. or whatever Googling pulls up when really difficult to find.

But I also Love a good Junkyard.

The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness. - Joseph Conrad
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 10:43 AM

What strikes me as odd about all these posts is that I've never needed a part that wasn't available from my favorite local Mom 'n Pop or a dealer, except for a very few things from JC Whitney - seats, seatbelts and brake lines are all that come to mind. You guys must break some strange stuff.

EVERYTHING's easy for the guy who doesn't have to do it.
B. Dash Fabrication
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Keyboard Implanted

80% of my replacements are from Ebay, yes you can get junk, but enough questions, and you know what you are looking for, it is cheap.

I second DC4wd, DC knows his stuff, has the best prices hands-down, though it takes a little while to get a hold of him, sometimes the emails go into a bit bucket asking about a price, but NEVER for service or returns, he is quick on that.

Scott
1985 CJ7 T.H.O.R

"He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm."
-Psalm 40:2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode