On the topic of Off Topic on the most helpful Jeep site I've found! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Stranger

On the topic of Off Topic on the most helpful Jeep site I've found!

I have gained more info from this forum than the rest of the internet when it comes to my 77 jeep CJ7. The information is plentiful, well documented, and well discussed. I have learned a lot about my Jeep.

The technical help I've received from the folks in this forum has been invaluable in the reclamation project my son (20 years old) and I have undertaken on our '77 CJ7, 258 ci, QuadraTrack. On a 30 year old Jeep, there's a lot of stuff to troubleshoot and this forum has been a life saver.

JYG's Motor Craft distributor-GM HEI mod, the "If it uses electrons to run, ground it again" mentality, windshield wiper woes, general CJ knowledge, the list never ends! The people in this forum have such a great knowledge base and enjoy sharing it.

I have BS in Marine Engineering, a United States Coast Guard License as an unlimited First Assistant Engineer' Steam, Motor, and Gas Turbine Powered Vessels and a Limited Chief Engineer's License, Motor Vessels. I worked my way through the Massachusetts Maritime Academy as a marine mechanic (yachts and fishing boats). I have subscribed to Car Craft and Hot Rod magazine since the early '80's and have been reading my brother-in-law's Four Wheel and Off Road for about fifteen years.

Just this month, in Car Craft magazine, there's an article about rewiring an old car and modifying the alternator circuit to include a Radio Shack diode to prevent the electronic ignition from continuing to run on the current from the alternator... Where had I read that before?

Oh yeah, right here! Thanks guys!

I like the O/T stuff. No one can focus on one thing only, all the time. It's not human. Plus, talking about things other than Jeepin' brings out the personalities in each of us. There ARE some Personalities here! If you don't like the O/T stuff, don't read it! You have that choice! Aint it great to be free!

I realize I'm a new guy, but I know when I've found a valuable asset and this is it. I'm here for the long haul and am passing the word to all my offroading family and friends.

Dan from Cape Cod!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 01:10 AM

Saw that article in petersons rag...

Anyway, when I first went that direction, one of the users here, claiming to be an electrical engineer at a power plant,
(turned out he was a floor sweeper/maintenance man when the guys here met him at a run...)
Claimed it would NEVER work...
"That's not how diodes work, you can't use it, it will not work, the vehicle will burn down!", ect....

Just like the guys selling the ignition upgrade We gave away for free, there are people selling John Strink's Stealth HEI and my version of the Delco alternator diode pigtail...
Lots of other stuff too...

Remember, you heard it here first!
You just have to have an open mind!
Some of us really do know what we are doing! (once in a while anyway!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode