Who's Been WHeeeling???? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Who's Been WHeeeling????

With the higher gas prices(down quite a bit right now though) I have cut my wheeling back to only once a month this summer.

But I have not seen any wheeling posts with pictures in a while, is everyone cutting back?

Where are all the good posts, with pics; lately its kind of been just all BS stuff and OT.

It cost me over $100 in gas to trailer my jeep to the trail for a day of wheeling and gas for the Jeep which adds to about about another $50 for park fees, food, beer, or whatever.

Whats everyone elses excuse or are we just not sharing our wheeling experiences anymore.

I want to see some PICTURES!!!!!!

Brad

2001 TJ Built, Wrecked, then Built Bigger, then rolled and fixed again, now rolled again. Do you see a pattern!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 01:18 PM

Hey, I wish I had some pictures to share. I've been so busy that since the Bash I've only taken the Jeep out to the store a few times. No time to have fun. I hope that's going to change soon, but it doesn't look likely.

EVERYTHING's easy for the guy who doesn't have to do it.
B. Dash Fabrication
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Been working on trails at Oak Ridge Estates (private) for Jeep Jamboree and Camp Jeep.

Still recovering from dragging around 12 newbies at Jeep Jamboree (was actually a lot of fun) and will be heading up in a couple of weeks for the last Pre-run/work weekend for Camp.

Did the Big Dogs Icebreaker in March.

Got Jeepster Jam at Coal Creek (Windrocks) next weekend...Dragging home a new to me Commando so no YJ at the show...Will play winch wench and picture person for someone...

A bad weekend of wheelin', is still a good weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 02:48 PM

We go for a jeep ride about every weekend.
We normally don't take pictures because we do go every weekend.
May skip today, it's WAY hot and humid out there!

Tow vehicle & trailer? I don't get it...?
Are you hauling livestock? I didn't know you were a farmer...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Mud in my Veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyCrawler View Post
Where are all the good posts, with pics; lately its kind of been just all BS stuff and OT.

Amen brother... ALL has been OT & BS!

Just got my junk cobbled together for the JAM this weekend. Hoping to get out monthly after this (baring any issues with the Jeep or CTD). While I ain't going out of my way to create any "Kodak moments", Lomod's bound to catch a few "inspirational" pics.

JYG, tow rigs ain't just for fat chicks anymore! When your "Jeep trips" escalate past the occasional dirt/farm road, you'll figure it out quickly...

Caver Dave
'72 "Mossy Edition" Commando
the Trail Forge
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Sawzall Poster Boy

It's been a couple weeks. I'm out here on beaver island for the summer and my bronco is out here too. Took it for 1/2 a dozen rides and then started tearing it apart to finish up fixing the floor boards and wiring. So far the dash is 1/2 out. I've been crazy busy with working 50+ hours a week, a job that's paying to fix a lincoln, and my free truck that's turning into a DD for the time being. I need school to start so I can stop working and have some time again to play.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 07:47 PM

Quote:
JYG, tow rigs ain't just for fat chicks anymore! When your "Jeep trips" escalate past the occasional dirt/farm road, you'll figure it out quickly...
You trailer queen guys have a lot of gall talking about highway miles to the guys that actually DRIVE their jeeps regularly...

Maybe you should come down and do some wheeling with us sometime...
We live down here in the middle of 'Spoil Bank' country, a lot like Redbird, but no cover fee....
Lots of places more wooley than redbird!

Besides, the 'Roads' I cover to go wheeling don't cost me a dedicated tow vehicle, trailer, chains, straps, ect...
We don't need air conditioners, campgrounds, dedicated camping trailers, ect...
All that crap cuts into jeep money and is pretty much for women anyway...

That's all money I can spend on actually going wheeling about every weekend, instead of feeding a weekend highway warrior...

BTW, now that you finally got your "Junk" fixed, did you get the tampon dispenser working again?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 09:46 PM
Old Hand

Hey Brad, me, Robyn, Tim and Stephanie went to Haspin today. Sorry, no pics. I would have called you but we just kinda up and went. We had a good time, drank some beers, real dry but we found some mud. Went home in our TOW RIGS and took the jeeps down to the crick for some more beers and to wash them off. Talked to some guys who caught some nice smallmouths, went home, fed hogs, dogs and horses then went to town and ate Mexican. (Ya, I'm a farmer, I haul livestock and jeeps.) A good day for sure. Call me if you want to go wheeling, theres possibly something going on at Attica next weekend and a Fatboys swap meet the next with a party afterwards. Keep in touch.
Aaron.

"4 squirrels runnin' on boggers...and they're angry!!!"
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 11:54 PM

You got those lame squirrels, I know you need a tow every once in a while...
I was talking about the guys that have the jeeps out once for two hours every three months...

Besides, I didn't see any tampon dispenser on your heep!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Jeepgod and I were at Johnson Valley yesterday, but I'm sure no one wants to see the pics
I get out wheelinga lot, but I have been out enough where I don't take all that many pics anymore.

It's not what you have. It's what you do with what you have
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode