OT - Quotes - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About
 
JeepDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: S. CA
Posts: 1,503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
OT - Quotes

Quote:
...blaw blaw blaw blaw blaw blaw.....
and

Quote:
...more blaw blaw blaw blaw....
That pretty much sums up how I see/read a good majority of the posts that have numerous 'quotes'. I think it has gotten a little out of hand. In my opinion, if you can't get the point across without dumping in about 50 quotes, then you don't have a point to get across....

Come on guys, lets keep it simple and to the point....and if you have to start quoting what was in the previous post....then maybe the tread has gotten too long and it's time to drop the subject.


So...I wonder how long before the above ends up in
Quote:
That pretty much sums up how I see/read what a good majority.....

AKA DDawg16
84 CJ7, SOA, 5.7LTBI, 4L60E, 35"x12.5, 4.10 gears, F/Det, R/ARB, Full Roll Cage,
D44 Flat top in progress...
Link to my Frame up Restore
JeepDawg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Keyboard Implanted
 
thorjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: In the process of finding it
Posts: 2,561
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDawg View Post
and



That pretty much sums up how I see/read a good majority of the posts that have numerous 'quotes'. I think it has gotten a little out of hand. In my opinion, if you can't get the point across without dumping in about 50 quotes, then you don't have a point to get across....

Come on guys, lets keep it simple and to the point....and if you have to start quoting what was in the previous post....then maybe the tread has gotten too long and it's time to drop the subject.


So...I wonder how long before the above ends up in

I agree, stop quoting.

Da$%# Quoters, next you will become republicans, or complain about your voting choices. (yes Leve, I know, I know )

Scott
1985 CJ7 T.H.O.R

"He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm."
-Psalm 40:2
thorjeep is offline  
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Keyboard Implanted
 
lomodyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 3,761
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDawg View Post
and



That pretty much sums up how I see/read a good majority of the posts that have numerous 'quotes'. I think it has gotten a little out of hand. In my opinion, if you can't get the point across without dumping in about 50 quotes, then you don't have a point to get across....

Come on guys, lets keep it simple and to the point....and if you have to start quoting what was in the previous post....then maybe the tread has gotten too long and it's time to drop the subject.


So...I wonder how long before the above ends up in
Whatevah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorjeep
I agree, stop quoting.

Da$%# Quoters, next you will become republicans, or complain about your voting choices. (yes Leve, I know, I know )
Yeah, I'm with you on this one.



A bad weekend of wheelin', is still a good weekend.

Last edited by lomodyj; 06-15-2007 at 03:42 PM.
lomodyj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Way Outta Control
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Posts: 13,432
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
 
Quote:
(yes Leve, I know, I know )
Huh?
LEVE is offline  
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Keyboard Implanted
 
thorjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: In the process of finding it
Posts: 2,561
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
 
Leve,

You are just another quoter!

Scott
1985 CJ7 T.H.O.R

"He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm."
-Psalm 40:2
thorjeep is offline  
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Keyboard Implanted
 
elusive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: temecula, CA
Posts: 4,893
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorjeep View Post
Leve,

You are just another quoter!
so should we quote quitting or quit quotting?

It's not what you have. It's what you do with what you have
elusive is offline  
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 04:41 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Scenic Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,764
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by elusive View Post
so should we quote quitting or quit quotting?
I'm for quitting quoting! And if you don't have anything to say, don't use
upalittle is offline  
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Keyboard Implanted
 
thorjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: In the process of finding it
Posts: 2,561
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by elusive View Post
so should we quote quitting or quit quotting?
Ok Don Quijote!

Scott
1985 CJ7 T.H.O.R

"He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm."
-Psalm 40:2
thorjeep is offline  
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Official Curmudgeon
 
CJ7Taz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,705
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDawg View Post
That pretty much sums up how I see/read a good majority of the posts that have numerous 'quotes'.
Another quote:
Quote:
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, ...

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.
CJ7Taz is offline  
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Keyboard Implanted
 
lomodyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 3,761
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
I've always liked this quote:

Quote:
“Measure wealth not by the things you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money.”
have no idea who said it, but I like it.

Also like:

Quote:
"Everybody needs to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer"

A bad weekend of wheelin', is still a good weekend.
lomodyj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome