OT: Latest update & birthday cake pic... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Smile OT: Latest update & birthday cake pic...

Hey Guys & Gals!

Sorry to have kept away for so long since last update... been QUITE hectic and event-filled, to say the least.

W/o going over all the events from last several months, suffice it to say the 'biggest happenin' was yesterday's all-day hearing on custody & visitation. FINALLY, after almost 18mos of BS, we had a full hearing on the issue(s) and able to present solid evidence to a judge as to the "more fit" parent (i.e. who should have primary physical custody).

It went well, and though we do not have a decision yet (and no idea when we will get the decision), I have a very positive feeling about it and believe it'll go our way. FWIW, we were able to refute a great portion on her testimony w/ one of her own handwritten journal entries that I came across last summer while packing/moving. Additionally, she was the only person to testify on her behalf, and presented no documentary evidence. We had myself and 5 other live witnesses to testify (all coming through incredibly effectively) and a slew of photos, as well as about a ream of very positive reports from the visitation facility observers & managers. There was also the full file (3-4" thick) of other sundry reports... to include a the psych reports on each of us... hers having come back as "invalid".

Once the judge reviews all of that stuff, he said he'd provide a written decision explaining the rationale behind his (pending) order. (My atty is of the mind that the judge would not need to explain himself if he was leaving the custodial arrangement as the status quo. Other comments he made prior to adjourning also cause us to think we'll be blessed once we finally have it in-hand.

Soooo.... if I may, please pray, Pray, PRAY!!!! for 'The Rupert Boys' - that they once again be reunited! ASAP!!!

As well, last Tuesday (5/29) was my little Jacob's 2nd birthday. Per his brother Jeremiah's (5yrs) specs, I 'built' his cake as shown in below pic.

Second pic is of Jacob, Jeremiah & yours truly...

FWIW, you all's 'Save Jerry's Kids' fund really helped out an incredible amount - not necessarily how you might initially think though... While the money itself was needed and well-utilized to be sure, the effect of your love and selfless generosity (for the boys and me) had a PROFOUND & SIGNIFICANT IMPACT on the ladies at the visitation facility... actually moving one of them to tears. I think that the real value therein was your faith and confidence in me/my parenting, evidenced by your generosity, that really cemented these folks into my corner... and they hold a lot of influence - via their written reports - w/ the judges and others in the process.

Again folks, THANKS from the bottom of our hearts! Any success we might realize, will have been as much yours as ours!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jakes BD cake - painted.JPG (82.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg All smiles.JPG (88.9 KB, 5 views)

R/S MarineOpLaw

Freedom is NOT free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 01:51 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Now THAT is the kind of news we like to hear.....I don't want to jinx anything so I'll just keep saying my private little prayers for you guys.....

AKA DDawg16
84 CJ7, SOA, 5.7LTBI, 4L60E, 35"x12.5, 4.10 gears, F/Det, R/ARB, Full Roll Cage,
D44 Flat top in progress...
Link to my Frame up Restore
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 02:19 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Ditto... and great pic. As always those are great looking little Jeepers you have there!

Is this the only hammer you've got?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Way Outta Control

Wow, good positive news. Now, have you found that job yet to support the tribe?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Keyboard Implanted

One Question.... Where did you find Kahki color Icing????

Good news that I like Hearing! Keep the Momentum going and Pull it all the way through!!

The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness. - Joseph Conrad
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Old Hand

It's good to hear some good news about you and your kids. I have to remember that cake though for my own son on his birthday.

What's the last thing a Jeeper hears ? "betcha can't"
What's the last thing a Jeeper says ? " Watch this !!"
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Hurray for good new!

We'll keep pull'n for ya, that everything will go over well!

-----------
Doesn't-have-a-Jeep'n Greg
VISIT MY GUN STORE: http://www.AmericasBasement.com
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Thumbs up

Thanks guys... glad to be able to FINALLY provide some promising news... But regardless, this rollercoaster ride will continue (at least) until Lil' Jake turns 18...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVE
... have you found that job yet to support the tribe?
Uhhh.... in a word, 'No'. In my (albeit lame) defense, with all their mother's odious machinations of allegations, accusations, protective orders, arrests and etc, I've discovered that I am not as hireable as I thought... Her character assassination kills any chances of using my education/training/experience (i.e. law enforcement or legal), and employers tell me I'm "overqualified" when I apply for something wherein her trumped-up BS does not matter as much.

Truth be told though, w/ my military retirement and the child support SHE would have to pay ME (when I have the kids), we could get by quite well. Maybe not to 'The Jones'es Standard', but then I've never tried to live to someone else's level...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalbritton View Post
One Question.... Where did you find Kahki color Icing????
Those are 'custom-mixed' colors... by yours truly. I've gotten pretty adept w/ icing(s), different flavorings and an array of food colors. The khaki is a white cream cheese icing w/ a little maple flavoring mixed in... nice khaki AND terrific taste!!

It IS great to finally bring you all some promising, if not yet good, news... these have been a hellious & very 'draining' 18months... emotionally, financially, etc. That said, I've kept my faith (as Job) and trusted God (as Daniel), and the Lord was faithful to keep His promise of rewarding those who put their trust in Him. Without the strength He's provided throughout this time, I would have crumbled long ago. He is what has gotten me through. He's also taught (not given) me patience and the understanding/appreciation that His plan is per His timing, not our own. By tarrying His 'answer' He has greatly strengthened my faith, and as importantly, further refined His 'vessel' (me) to do His work here on Earth. (See Proverbs 25:4, & Psalm 12.) It is also my prayer that by my walking in faith, not falling to her means & methods or returning railing for (her) railing, the peace and longsuffering produced/exhibited thereby will be a living testimony to others that their faith might be kindled (to seek Him) &/or strengthened (if already a believer). I commend and recommend Him to all of you if you do not have a PERSONAL relationship w/ Him - it is not always an easy 'row to hoe', but it's the most rewarding one you'll ever have... BAR NONE!

Okay, now down outa my pulpit...

R/S MarineOpLaw

Freedom is NOT free.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Veteran

Jerry,

Glad to here the potential for some good news, you are certainly due. Anything I can do please let me know, or if you just need to BS a bit give me a shout, same #.

Take care bro.

"a high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, "Always do what you are afraid to do."
--Ralph W. Emerson
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 10:49 AM

That's terrific, Jerry! It's really too bad about the job search. By the time this is all settled, they'll be telling you that you've been out of a professional setting too long. Check with Wally World - they can always use a greeter.

EVERYTHING's easy for the guy who doesn't have to do it.
B. Dash Fabrication
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode