If it's not nailed down... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

If it's not nailed down...

While I am at work my Jeep sits in an open parking lot with no top or doors all day long, so I never keep anything of value in it. Last Friday I came out to find it had been gone through. Of all things, they took a scratched up pair of sunglasses and my owners manual. Now, what were they going to do with that? The only problem was that my registration was in there, so I am going to spend the afternoon at the license branch to get a replacement. Grrrr...

Scott

"The devil is red, but his money is green."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Keyboard Implanted

thieves suck.

I had one slit my window for a few buck in toll change....they shoulda just stolen the window....it was in good shape and worth more.

my best friend had a few stereos (cheapy ones) stolen and an other time someone took a soda from a fast food place and tossed the full cup onto the driver seat.

an other time i had my top off on the TJ and someone went through my glove box......joke was on them, it was just full of garbage, so they wasted all that time sorting through it.

-----------
Doesn't-have-a-Jeep'n Greg
VISIT MY GUN STORE: http://www.AmericasBasement.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Damn Thieves.

The owners manual? Jeez, what a joke. Either kids or some whacked out druggie.

If you want to leave important stuff in your Jeep, I recommend one of these:

Quote:
The "Underwear / Brief Safe" is an innovative diversion safe that can secure your cash, documents, and other small valuables from inquisitive eyes and thieving hands, both at home and when you're traveling. Items can be hidden right under their noses with these specially-designed briefs which contain a fly-accessed 4" x 10" secret compartment with Velcro closure and "special markings" on the lower rear portion. Leave the "Underwear / Brief Safe" in plain view in your laundry basket or washing machine at home, or in your suitcase in a hotel room - even the most hardened burglar or most curious snoop will "skid" to a screeching halt as soon as they see them. (Wouldn't you?) Made in USA. One size. Color: white (and brown).

And for extra protection:

Quote:
To add realistic smell, check out "Doo Drops"

A UNIQUE AND TERRIFIC ADD-ON!!!!
These "special ingredients" are just what you may need in some "special situations".
Use only with utmost discretion.

Doo Drops look and smell just like real diarrhea. Many useful applications, all of which will be left to your imagination. It's just like a tube of explosive diarrhea, except silent for stealth deployments. It comes in a handy dropper-top squeeze dispenser for rapid, realistic applications. All-natural. SMELLS LIKE CRAP.

Scott
1985 CJ7 T.H.O.R

"He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm."
-Psalm 40:2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 03:14 PM

I took the door off my non-existent glove box because I found someone had bent it all out of shape trying to get it open past the roll bar, only to discover there isn't even a glove box behind the dash. Never got one from the previous owner. I thinking, fill the glove box with styrofoam peanuts and put a cocked rat trap in the bottom.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiminMb View Post
I thinking, fill the glove box with styrofoam peanuts and put a cocked rat trap in the bottom.
There's a cocked trap in my glovebox and two in my console; one attached to the CD cases and one floating in the mess. Never failed yet, although they have been set off once or twice by neighborhood kids.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Yeah with today's luck a over-zealous meter maid would get their hand stuck looking for registration, and call in home land security for a anti-personnel device.

Then they will come knocking at YOUR door Tim

Scott
1985 CJ7 T.H.O.R

"He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm."
-Psalm 40:2
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorjeep View Post
Yeah with today's luck a over-zealous meter maid would get their hand stuck looking for registration, and call in home land security for a anti-personnel device.
I don't care, they ain't coming out.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 04:52 PM

And the guys gave me crap about wanting to have my fire extingusher out of sight...

I use ammo cans and locks for my stuff. If they can rip out a bolted down or padlocked down ammo can they have expended more effort than the contends of the can was worth.

I would tell you how to pop open an ammo can in about two seconds, but I'd have to kill you then!...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Mud in my Veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk Yard Genius View Post
I would tell you how to pop open an ammo can in about two seconds, but I'd have to kill you then!...
Thermite Grenade!

Caver Dave
'72 "Mossy Edition" Commando
the Trail Forge
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caver Dave View Post
Thermite Grenade!
...or DEET's shift knob will do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode