For Sale - My '77 CJ-5 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

For Sale - My '77 CJ-5

I know I know, this belongs in the for sale thread. But I kinda thought I'd try and break the rules a little and get more people looking at this than look at the for sale/wanted thread. Go ahead and bust me.

Anywho quick overview without getting too extreme.

1977 CJ-5
304 V8
T-18 w/granny low
Dana 20
Stock axles front and rear
Fiberglass body
Full roll cage
33 inch BFG M/T's
HUGE winch on front
OBA w/tank

Needs some work. Crack in fiberglass body where passenger side windshield hinge mounts. Needs repaired for pass. door to work properly. Also has a leaky hydraulic clutch release bearing. It's not a factory part and in fact is from the race-car industry. Estimated repair costs combining both is about $1000 if you paid a shop to do it. This is with estimates I've recieved in the past from multiple sources.

Jeep is located near Chicago. I'm asking $3,000 pretty firm.....some flexibility. I want this thing gone, but I don't NEED it gone so please only give reasonable offers. Email me for more info or to set up a phone call to get info.

Many guys on this board have seen my Jeep and seen it in action at the Badlands Bash a few times. I took the best care of it that I knew how....which I felt to be pretty darned good. Others on here can possibly vouch for the care I put into it. I just don't have the time or resources to keep it and would like the money for other hobbies I'm getting into. I live in Colorado now and it's just not practical for me to bring it out here.

Thanks for any interest and possibly not booting me to the for sale thread.

Contact Nick at [email protected]

Q: What do crabs and Osama Bin Laden have in common?

A: They both irritate bush.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode