I made it back, just not in one piece...TJ questions inside also - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Question I made it back, just not in one piece...TJ questions inside also

Good God, it feels good to be back on here. I've been sick as a dog the last couple weeks and to top it all off, I wrecked my track toy during a sudden rainstorm before that, which killed my back and already-bad knee. Luckily, I only spun it into a (very deep) ditch and the damage to the Ram was limited to the body and nothing else. Thank God for the TJ, otherwise it'd still be there. I had to straighten the left side of the bed, pull dents out of the door, repaint both areas, and replace the taillight and mirror on that side. As for me, the doctors said that my back had been thrown out from the impact and the bones in my knee were bruised at the joint from hitting the door. My Dad had a better diagnosis, though. He stated that, simply, my right foot was not connected to my brain and fixing that would heal everything else. My back is somewhat better now (although I still haven't been able to hit the trails in a while) and my knee is slowly healing up.
The TJ is still doing fine, as in it is the only thing in my fleet still in one piece. I had a few questions, though. My Dad wants to add a lap belt in the middle of the back seat so we can fit everyone in it to head down to the beach this summer in it. Can I mount one in the floorboard on the mounts for the outboard buckles or do I have to make new mounting points? Also, I am going to need new 33"x12.50"-15's in about three or four months. I'm looking at some Dunlop Mud Rovers, any comments on the quality of them or any other tire suggestions?
Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Old Hand

On my CJ the seat belts are screwed into the angle iron base of the seat and use the the bolts to mount the seat and belts to body. I am curious about ho much room you have, My TJ can hold my kids (8 & 6) cofortably. I could squeeze another small kid in back, but it wouldnt be comfotable...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, my Mom (not telling her age for fear of being shot), brother (7), and sister (13) have all been back there together with Mom in the middle and it was a squeeze, but my Mom asked why there wasn't a middle belt since she thought she had enough room. She's about my size, too.

Last edited by FiveSpeedWrangler; 05-14-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode