ORV's Being Regulated Out Of Existance... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

ORV's Being Regulated Out Of Existance...

The local town Council has decided to zone Off Road Vehicles right out of existence where I live.
Seems if you have a vehicle, no matter if it's parked on private property or not,
No matter if it's a race car, rock crawler, or what ever,
If it's not insured and plated, it's getting towed.

And as we all know, you can't insure a 'Competition Vehicle' and with out insurance, you can not obtain plates in this state.
It's a mandatory insurance state.

You can't even leave them on a trailer... If they can be seen from the street, they get towed.
No plates, it's off to the junk yard and they actually want to charge YOU for the towing & crushing and tack it onto your property taxes!
You pay to get your stuff stolen and destroyed!

Don't over look this, more and more places are heading this way! It could be you next!
----------------

If there is any way to fight this issue, I'd sure be glad to hear it!
I'd like to keep my trail only CJ's...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Keyboard Implanted

we've had that for years...kinda lame

but its un-enforced a few neighbors have a junky stock car thing in thier drive way....and they havent had problems

-----------
Doesn't-have-a-Jeep'n Greg
VISIT MY GUN STORE: http://www.AmericasBasement.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Old Hand

Someone trys to take my Jeep out of my yard and there going to **** them self when i come out with the 12g!

88 YJ SOA2.5" 2"BDY Locked F/R Chevy 4.3 NVG241OR 4.56's 36x12.50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach2_nh View Post
Someone trys to take my Jeep out of my yard and there going to **** them self when i come out with the 12g!
Amen.

we actually do have a new "city ordanance" that states nothing can be parked off pavement so you can only park on your driveway at your own damn house. I'm going to tell them were to go when they tell me I can't park in my back yard of the house I own and pay taxes on. At least ours is only a fine and not a tow away. Sure hate to have the tow-truck drivers job down here, it would be in great demand with a hell of a hazard pay but they would only last 1/2 a tow before they were shot.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Way Outta Control

Some of the counties here have similar laws. Good Sam told about a guy with a restored antique something car that he had in his locked garage. It had expired plates.
The Gestapo saw his garage door open one day - they sent a tow truck to pick it up (it could be seen from the street when the door was open! He resisted, they put him in jail!
Good Sam was providing the attorneys to fight it. Meanwhile, the car was crushed!

San Marino, CA, has an ordnance that if it can be seen by their helicopter in your back yard they impound it.

Here is San Bernardino County they passed another stupid one called the "Staging Law." If more than 10 persons congregate and an off road vehicle is present, you need a permit ($2500 non refundable) - public or private land. That means I can't have a party here with relatives even though they don't have Jeeps - but I have several!
The cops I've talked to, and the local BLM Ranger said it's stupid and they won't enforce it.
It has yet to be tested in court.

And - would you believe - a permit to use a BBQ here is $25 - for each day! You have to tell them which day and what time! Even if it's on your own patio!

What are these idiots thinking of?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I am fighting the same thing right now. It is basicly bs, can't find a board or commission member around here that is not in violation of the statutes, but that dosen't slow them from coming after me..

Fight it now because it is almost impossible once it is passed.

Ya only go around once, best to enjoy it the first trip.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Way Outta Control

Come to think of it - In Monrovia CA, I got a $75 fine for parking on MY DRIVEWAY with one wheel on MY GRASS! We were putting in a new sidewalk and had bags of cement in the driveway, I couldn't get all the way on the driveway - and there was no overnight parking in the street.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Can't Get Enough

I will copy your post and send it to my bro-inlaw. He is a prosecuter in Arkansas. He might be willing to give some advice(fellow wheeler). He just drives that other wannabe breed of jeeps(land cruisers).
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey RRich do you have any paper articles on that or can point me to one? I have one member who asked the question where does this stop and what happens if we just don't enforce this stuff? I want to show a few examples of how bad it can get.

Hey Bob,, Does your brother in law provide any cheap advice for a guy in my shoes? I have spoken to 2 attorneys about this and both agree it should be an easy win but want a fortune to provide any direction in the case.

Jeff

Ya only go around once, best to enjoy it the first trip.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Old Hand

Thats whats cool about NH you can have all the junk you want in your yard.

88 YJ SOA2.5" 2"BDY Locked F/R Chevy 4.3 NVG241OR 4.56's 36x12.50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode