yj transswap - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 06:22 PM
myjolopy

yj transswap

ok, i got the poopsho 5spd, no reverse, but everything else is good to go. do i spend the money on fixing it ot do i swap for something else? is there a swap that will just bolt rite up? or? any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Apprentice

I put in an 89 AX15. Mine had the NP207 that had a cracked case, so I replaced it with an NP231. If you have the 231, you can change the input shaft on it and make it work. I went a little farther along though and got a 94 bell housing and input bearing retainer and changed to an external slave on my clutch. I also had to replace the transmission mount as the BA is different. Not knowing what repairs would cost on yours, you'll have to weigh how much you want to put in a tranny that is hard to get parts for.
The clutch disk and plate were the same for both trannies, so I reused the one I already had in there. It only had a couple thousand miles on it anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode