Join Date: Mar 2003
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I put in an 89 AX15. Mine had the NP207 that had a cracked case, so I replaced it with an NP231. If you have the 231, you can change the input shaft on it and make it work. I went a little farther along though and got a 94 bell housing and input bearing retainer and changed to an external slave on my clutch. I also had to replace the transmission mount as the BA is different. Not knowing what repairs would cost on yours, you'll have to weigh how much you want to put in a tranny that is hard to get parts for.
The clutch disk and plate were the same for both trannies, so I reused the one I already had in there. It only had a couple thousand miles on it anyway.