Crooks? Deception? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Way Outta Control

Arrow Crooks? Deception?

The Bill sent to Bush to ratify or veto - it's for 124.2 BILLION dollars. The hulabaloo is over the timetable to withdraw troops - that's what's presented to us, the people.
But - did you know only 90 Billion goes to the troops - the rest, 35 Billion goes to other things we aren't told about.

Isn't that crooked only telling part of the story?

Why doesn't the news media tell us that the rest is for?

We need to make each bill presented cover only ONE subject - no more feather bedding.

ANY politician that tries deception like that should be hung!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRich View Post
We need to make each bill presented cover only ONE subject - no more feather bedding.
I wholeheartedly agree......when you put a bajillion different little thing into a bill....which one are you voting for? it seems like too big of a conflict of interest in many cases.....like they have to bribe other congress-persons for support.

ugh...been saying it for years....but it wont change any time soon i think

-----------
Doesn't-have-a-Jeep'n Greg
VISIT MY GUN STORE: http://www.AmericasBasement.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Official Curmudgeon

Quote:
But - did you know only 90 Billion goes to the troops - the rest, 35 Billion goes to other things we aren't told about.
Yeah, I did. I canít verify your numbers as being correct, but I knew there was pork in there. As I remember, avocado growers, peanut farmers and such.

Quote:
Isn't that crooked only telling part of the story?
WHO? Theyíve been pretty straight forward about it. Said if Bush wants to fund his war, heís gonna have to spend some money on things others want.

Quote:
Why doesn't the news media tell us that the rest is for?
They did, thatís how I know. So where have you been? Itís been in the news since well before Easter.

Quote:
I might agree with that but itís been going on over 200 years this way. What, you didnít hear about congress passing the line item veto and than the Supreme Court declaring it unconstitutional? Where have you been?

Quote:
ANY politician that tries deception like that should be hung!
Nobody deceived anybody on this bill. Maybe you kept yourself in the dark but that was your fault. The deception was claims of WMDs and George Bush trying to relate Iraq to 9/11 and the war in Iraq is part of the war on terror.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Official Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepnGreg View Post
I like they have to bribe other congress-persons for support.
Thatís exactly what happened and they said that.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I agree I remember a sage old government teacher who said the problem with goverment is it contains too many politicians.If good herted people were in office then it would work. Unfortunatly I know very few that get into it to make a diffrence or make things better. Most have thie own agenda.

Ya only go around once, best to enjoy it the first trip.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Way Outta Control

The big fight - and focus of attention - has been on havingh a withdrawl date, not all ther extra stuff the Dems put in.
The extra "stuffing" is about 27% of the total. Part of the hue and cry has been the total $$$ amount.

Aid to peanut and spinach farmers is about all you can find out by searching the internet about the bill.

But some people LIKE BEING DECIEVED - that's why those types are still in power.

Interesting - even on the local level - here - it was announced today that the Feds are investigating the head of the local water company used water company funds to buy himself a nice fat life insurance policy - he signed it the day after he died!
And one of the BOD Directors has been stealing/selling water and stealing money from the company. That's just local stuff - imagine what goes on in the larger scale.

But some people think dishonesty is OK. "I did not have ---"
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Official Curmudgeon

Quote:
The big fight - and focus of attention - has been on havingh a withdrawl date, not all ther extra stuff the Dems put in.
Would this be at your local bar? Bush has referred to the ďporkĒ in several televised speeches. That pork ainít chops, ham, sausage, or bacon. What did you think he was talking about when he asked repeatedly for a CLEAN bill? He wanted the pork out.

Quote:
The extra "stuffing" is about 27% of the total. Part of the hue and cry has been the total $$$ amount.
I didnít know what the final bill was but it looks like $103 billion for Iraq and Afghanistan and $21 billion domestic spending. Thatís 17% of the amount for domestic spending.

Part of the domestic spending goes to the VA for wounded veteran health care. Some goes to repair Walter Reed Hospital.

Quote:
But some people think dishonesty is OK. "I did not have ---"
Who are these PEOPLE you speak of? Not that it has anything to do with the subject at hand but Clinton got impeached and disbarred for five years in Arkansas and permanently from the Supreme Court.

Now, what about Bush with the fictional WMDs and fictional link from Iraq to 9/11?

post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 11:01 PM

It's called a 'Line Item Veto' and the republicans don't want it.
Too much pork will be cut out of their bills if the prez has it.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Way Outta Control

It's a very simple thing to do - the prez - dem or rep - just says: "Send me a bill with more than one thing on it - it's an automatic veto. If you want it to pass - do it right." That kind of thinking has no political affiliation.

Then when he does get one full of bull, all he needs to do is tell the press what the pork is, and who put on there. Expose the bums! Let their voters get rid of them.
After a few don't pass, and after some of the perpetrators are exposed, they'll learn!

But that takes guts and honesty - too bad we don't get those kinds of people in office.

My curiosity was aroused when I read Bush didn't like the pork. When I tried to find out WHAT it was, and HOW MUCH went where - the info is burried so it takes lots of searching. Yes, farmers, Katrina victims etc were "said" - but no facts as to HOW MUCH REALLY GOES WHERE - and for exactly what? How much just goes to foo foo?
How much goes to politicians brother-in laws and friends?

Do an internet search - see for yourself. Or just have the same "blind faith" that is killing this country.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 06:00 AM

IIRC the Republicans tried something like that once, and got hellacious fire from the press and President Clinton for "Shutting down the government." And the dolts bought the line.

EVERYTHING's easy for the guy who doesn't have to do it.
B. Dash Fabrication
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode