The trip to get ice cream that turned into a carb test... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Sawzall Poster Boy

The trip to get ice cream that turned into a carb test...

One of my friends called me wanting to go get ice cream. I decided grab the dog and hop in the broncoto pick her up (the DD xj is at my buddy's). So we take the bronco through the drive through at McDonalds and pick up some ice cream sundays. As were pulling out of the drive through I ask my friend where she wants to go she said we can go down to the harbor, takes a pause then well unless you want to go offroading.

So I didn't have anything to do so I decided we might as well go for a ride in the woods. We headed out towards the ski hill and climbed up a trail to a spot with a nice view. We eat our ice cream and have a couple hours till I have to take the dog to the vet so I decide to keep putzing along on 2 track.

We got to a down hill with a 3-4' deep wash out on one side. I decide to freak her out a little and throw a tire into the wash. Once in the wash the bronco gets nice and sideways, almost going over. There were several times I was pretty sure it was going to go on to it's side. It took a couple good minuets of working it and creative driving and I got out. The good news on steep down hills and side hills my carb coperates and my friend had a blast. The mc2100 on my 302 didn't skip a beat, I forgot I had a carb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 06:22 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Yup a 2100 is almost as good as fuel injection. The only thing i found that it doesnt like is a fast steep hill climb and having to jam on the brakes. It doesnt like that sloshing.

What????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode