OT: Our Buddy - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

OT: Our Buddy

[Rant]

Why is it, like the locust, some people on this board come in, cause great havoc, and disappear again? It would be much nicer if like the locust, it was every seven years. Of course we know the primary and secondary individuals, and are very aware of their tendencies to attack each other. However there is one individual who attacks anyone who has a differing opinion or position. He also will attack everyone except the moderators, and arguing for the sake of arguing seems to be his primary motivation to be on the board. It is inevitable, after a week or so of showing up again, a thread or three is populated with attacks, insults or some sort of emotional outburst. The secondary individual feeds off the primary and leaves others pretty much alone. There are others who take on the primary, and get into a heated battle with him, myself included.

[/Rant]

I am sure that there will possibly be a few stones thrown back at my glass house for this, but I am big enough to take it.

Though the list has gotten more activity since the changeover, and is more exciting, I am really getting tired of this banter, what, 5 or more years running, and getting more and more stale as time goes on?

So, leave it up to the members, what should we do about this?

Let the stones come....
Attached Images
File Type: gif BreeStage3.gif (23.4 KB, 81 views)

Scott
1985 CJ7 T.H.O.R

"He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm."
-Psalm 40:2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

In the manufacturing and engineering world its common for people to plot out a pareto chart when trying to reduce problems. on the Y-axis is the number of problems....on the X is the different root causes that may cause the problem.

from this chart, the greatest source of the problem is easily identified (by the tallest column of course)

I've done a mental pareto chart for the unplesant arguements on this board (since there have been others which continue in a normal civilized manner).

My conclusion is that the "primary" (taz) pretty much starts it 92.365% of the time (+/- .001% accuracy)

vote: boot the "primary" source of the problem....its been long enough, he can go troll elsewhere.

(i dont even need to have read the other post to know whats going on! i'm good.)

-----------
Doesn't-have-a-Jeep'n Greg
VISIT MY GUN STORE: http://www.AmericasBasement.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I think you two need to STFU!

Not really

A bad weekend of wheelin', is still a good weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Official Curmudgeon

Can I get a Nancy Drew decoder ring for that.

I don’t know if I’m the primary, the secondary or what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorjeep View Post
However there is one individual who attacks anyone who has a differing opinion or position. He also will attack everyone except the moderators, and arguing for the sake of arguing seems to be his primary motivation to be on the board.
Well that ain’t me ‘cause I’ve contradicted Jim recently and there is a post back there about the time of the Iraq invasion where LEVE states that I corrected him 3 times in the same day. One was the case of him showing the wrong OBDI for GM.

You can’t tell the players without a program. Which one am I?

Yeah, I’ll argue opinion on political because what you do affects me and we all know how that WMD thing turned out. The current discussions are about verifiable facts. Is there a reason that I should let Rich tell somebody that you must remove the flange on a Model 20 to get to the brakes without correcting him? Is there a reason I should let JYG champion welding the flange to the axle on a 20 without me mentioning that you’ll never be able to replace the bearings and seals again? Should bad, factual based information go unchallenged here? Should we let the newbie who comes here for knowledge and guidance be mislead?

Another post way back there comes to mind. It was Posers Telling Tall Tails To The New Guys... and was by JYG in his previous board life as TeamRush. Whether it’s for fun as he alleges in his post or whether it is well meaning but wrong, should it go uncorrected?

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Last edited by CJ7Taz; 04-19-2007 at 04:53 PM.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Use whatever decoder you like Taz, I don't care, you are just playing games.

It is not your information, nor your opinions I have a problem with, it is how you say it, drone on and get so upset that everyone is against you (Not everyone is against you but the numbers are growing with every pot you stir).

I said my piece, I am just plain sick of you, said it soo many times before, said it in soo many ways, and actually tried at times to help you. Yes it will be a shame to lose your knowledge, but since you can't express it like a civil human being nor a sane one most of the time, I would personally like you to leave.

If you want to attack my response, fine, check my spelling, defend yourself or blame it on others as your SOP, fine. I will not respond, I am done with this post. I wanted to rant, did so, done.

MODs: If this is inappropriate, my apologies, you can remove it if you wish, I don't care anymore.

Scott
1985 CJ7 T.H.O.R

"He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm."
-Psalm 40:2
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 05:49 PM

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE! GET MY 'IGNORE IDIOTS' BUTTON FIXED ON THIS NEW FORMAT!???

There are a couple of 'users' here that are just beyond my capability to deal with the idiotic crap they spew, and I was MUCH happier when I had them on the 'Ignore Morons' list...
And I'm sure you all know which ones I'm talking about...

Last edited by Junk Yard Genius; 04-19-2007 at 05:53 PM.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk Yard Genius View Post
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE! GET MY 'IGNORE IDIOTS' BUTTON FIXED ON THIS NEW FORMAT!???

There are a couple of 'users' here that are just beyond my capability to deal with the idiotic crap they spew, and I was MUCH happier when I had them on the 'Ignore Morons' list...
And I'm sure you all know which ones I'm talking about...
You can do it yourself.

Go up to the menu at the top of the page.

Click "User CP"

Scroll down on the menu on the left to Buddy/Ignore Lists. Click that

In the input box provided, type in the screen name of the person you would like to ignore. Click Save List.

That's it. That person is now ignored.

"And then I said, 'Just like that, but with more gas!' Oops..."
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 06:06 PM

Tried that, been there...
I'm one of the guys that is having 'Issues' with the new format and that particular feature doesn't work on mine for some reason...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Keyboard Implanted

JYG dont sweet TAZ, we all know what he is about and doing. I just ingore him anymore. But i will throw in a slam once and awhile so he cant forget my name. He will go away one day. We all wish he would come to the bash. Then we could put his street jeep on the rocks.

Anyone that has the time to search for posts from way to long ago, has them saved for whatever reason, and spell checks others post when he cant back his side anymore is wacky to begin with.

More then once i have seen him stop arguing his side and start spell checking what others have typed. Thats his way of ending the post. He has run out of BS at that time.

So just ignore him and laugh at him.

The shame of it is he does bring some smarts about CJ's to the board. He just doesnt know when or how to say it.

By the way are you coming to the bash this year????????

see yaaaaa

What????
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk Yard Genius View Post
Tried that, been there...
I'm one of the guys that is having 'Issues' with the new format and that particular feature doesn't work on mine for some reason...
Bummer. Worked fine for me. I remember once I had to enable the ignore feature on another forum I'm on. I run a VBulletin bbs....I'll take a look through the admin stuff and see if there's something that could help you at least point someone in the right direction
Attached Images
File Type: jpg taz_ignored.jpg (37.9 KB, 0 views)

"And then I said, 'Just like that, but with more gas!' Oops..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode