Bash Prep - Name Tags - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Bash Prep - Name Tags

Ok....We ALL know that the bash is the weekend of May 18th/19th at the Badlands OHV park....located near Attica, IN.

My wife and I are flying out from California on Thursday afternoon to Midway...renting a vehicle (hopefully a 4wd jeep) and heading down there....we should be in the camp ground by around 9pm.....that means you need to stay at least partially sober until then....we hate to drink alone.....

Name Tags - My wife will be glad to make up name tags for everyone....her suggestion is your screen name...real name and your Avatar....without the screen name or Avatar, I would most likely have no clue as to who most of you are.....if you want one, get us the info by the weekend of the 5th.

Equipment - Because we are flying...we are limited to what we can bring..which will mostly be clothes, wet weather gear and sleeping bags, utensils and wine glasses (plastic)....we might be able to bring a cooler as well (stuff the sleeping bags inside)...hence, we are hoping that we can contribute some charcoal and share a grill or so....

JimLu suggested that someone might have a set of larger tires that might fit a GC (if we get one)....the only problem is that we won't know what we are getting until we get there.....

If anyone can think of anything else that we need to bring, let me know.

It's my feeling that being the big family we are, there is no reason we all have to bring everything.....if we figure out what all is needed, I'm sure we can all pitch in and make sure the bases are covered....

Buys (and gals)....it's a little over 5 weeks to go....now is the time to get everything ready...

AKA DDawg16
84 CJ7, SOA, 5.7LTBI, 4L60E, 35"x12.5, 4.10 gears, F/Det, R/ARB, Full Roll Cage,
D44 Flat top in progress...
Link to my Frame up Restore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Addict

name tags sound good we cant wait to see you there ill bring a big grill im still not shure what camp ground we are staying at is it going to be the same one as the last 4or5 years ??
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Keyboard Implanted

You will know me cause I will be the one without a name tag!!!! Don't want the cops getting a jump on where to find me

As for equiptment I will have a boat load if I am there. Jim Lou brings the recovery gear,, I may even have the big tent It has two rooms and if it is raining I won't be in it...

I should find out in the next two weeks if I will be there.

Ya only go around once, best to enjoy it the first trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

And the East Coast boys bring the pig "members". Sorry I won't be making it this year.....but you'll have fun without me.

Q: What do crabs and Osama Bin Laden have in common?

A: They both irritate bush.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 09:42 PM

Depending on the condition of my back, we'll be there.
I usually bring too much, and you all are welcome to share what we have...

I know we have too much tent, and I'm pretty sure what ever we don't have, the local Wal-Mart will!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 06:37 AM

Greg, do you still have those tires you're trying to get rid of?

EVERYTHING's easy for the guy who doesn't have to do it.
B. Dash Fabrication
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

The campground thing still needs to be ironed out... Sorry but no one answers the phone... Hope to fix that Saturday if not before.

Everyone always brings too much, just how we are I guess.

Now when it comes to name tags... It would be my opinion that it's just not really required. If you do it right you will figure out who everyone is before the weekend is over. Some you will know just cause.

If you plan on coming to the Bash. Check in on this site The Unofficial SWB Spring Bash 2007 Info Site. It has had it's problems lately but will be a great place to share pictures after the fact.

Dale

Excellent Bad Example
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Sawzall Poster Boy

name tags are for momos, i'm not a fan but go for it, they make it seem too offical. I'm recoganizable enough as it and respond to enough names including hey you, dumb @ss, sh!t for brains, Andy, Jack Osborn, Corey Mathews, Stoner, BarrelRoll, and others.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
name tags are for momos
What is a "momos"?

If you don't want one...that's ok....I figure no one will be using them after the first morning anyway...by then we should know who is who....but we will be glad to call you what ever you want....and before the weekend is over I'm sure we can come up with even more things to call you...

Seriously, if there is no real interest in them then we won't bother....

AKA DDawg16
84 CJ7, SOA, 5.7LTBI, 4L60E, 35"x12.5, 4.10 gears, F/Det, R/ARB, Full Roll Cage,
D44 Flat top in progress...
Link to my Frame up Restore
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 04:15 PM

My first couple Bashes would have been better if we'd had name tags. I went home, started reading posts, and realized that several of the regulars were there and I had failed to meet them. I'm for name tags. Every year I've come home, asked who someone was, and then found out it was someone I wanted to introduce myself to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode