Harbor Freight Grinders - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Harbor Freight Grinders

On sale for $18.99 until March 12. They last me a couple of years, so I always keep a few new spares on hand. Now is the time to stock up.

Be sure to get the 4 1/2" grinders. The 4" shooters go on sale frequently for $13.99, but they're not worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 01:11 AM
Journeyman

Re: Harbor Freight Grinders

Nice find Jim. Is there a Harbor Freight Tools in the area? If I can break loose of $20. I'll be in good shape. (Actually I'm eyeing a good deal from MCM Electronics on mini toggle switches. I figure I'll need 15 to 20 at a buck a piece. (Need any parts? We can go halves on the shipping.))

Thanks, Mark
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

There are two stores - one in North County in the shopping center just south of I270 at Florissant. The better one for us is in West County. Take I255/I270 around to the I44/Watson Road exit. Take Watson east about a mile. HF is in a little center just past the McDonalds on the left.

Some buddies and I make a trip to the Toy Store about once a month, just for grins. Any chance you can get free on a week day?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Way Outta Control

Ya can't beat the price -- I keep several loaded with different media so I don't have to keep changing it - mostly flap discs - hanging next to my welder.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Journeyman

I can't make it this week, but occasionally I can get away on a week day. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I've got no $$ this week anyway, but keep me posted. I'm not going through withdrawal yet, but a trip to the toy store sure couldn't hurt.
Thanks, Mark
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Just a heads up..

I use the dewalt DW402 4 1/2 grinder. They seem to be real close to unkillable. When i worked at the junkyard we had two of them. Which one got left in the rain, which one got dropped, which one went through a ton of wheels. We couldnt kill them. So i bought some for myself.

I bought all of mine on ebay. I have 4 of them. I didnt pay more they 40 bucks for any of them. I have one that grinds, one that cuts, one with a flap wheel, and one with a wire brush. I hate changing wheels. One of them was so new, it couldnt have been used twice. Two of them came from a repair place, they were there for new cords and nobody ever came and picked them up. So they were just unloading a bunch of them. I think i got the two of them for less then 30 bucks.

If you want a grinder that lasts thats a good one to buy. And if you watch ebay, you will find a deal.

But for 20 bucks the harbor freight one is still a deal.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 07:40 PM

Right on. My HF 4 1/2" grinder has replaceable brushes but has never needed them. Had it hot that smoke was pouring out of it and hard to handle. I don't like to pimp china crap but mines awesome. (sorry Jim but it has actually smoked the 2 dewalts I've had and had to throw away [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])
AND..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got it in 89........do the math. Don't know if they are as good as that now, but mines as strong as the day I got it..........for next to nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode