OT Snowblowers and Stupidity - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

OT Snowblowers and Stupidity

We got hit pretty good up here over the past two days, and true to form my snowblower decided to develop a carb issue. Seems like you never have a problem with them in good weather.
Anyway to get to the point. After I rebuilt the carburetor, I was getting ready to fire it up when I noticed a warning on the starting block. It read " Do not operate in the rain".

Now I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I have never been compelled to use my snowblower in a rainstorm. Granted the starter is powered by 120V and I guess that rain and an extension cord are a bad combination, but really. Did someone actually do something that incredibly ignorant to warrant such a warning.
I know that this is not Jeep related by any stretch of the imagination, and I apologize in advance if I have offended anyones sensibilities. I just had to get this off my chest. This has got to rank in the top 5 most ignorant things that I have ever been exposed to.</rant>
Thanks for listening
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Old Hand

Re: OT Snowblowers and Stupidity

LOL.... sad [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 09:28 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

They had to change temporary pacemaker wires nationwide, so that they could not be plugged into a normal household outlet instead of a special pulse generator. The temporary pacemaker wires are two wires and two electrodes. 60 cycles, 120 volts, 20 amps inside a heart, yes, there are stupid people out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 09:41 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

The iron from Sears has a warning saying "do not iron clothes while on body".

How else could a dumb woman get millions of dollars for spilling a hot cup of coffee from McDonald's in her lap.....no reason we have so many lawyers....
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Journeyman

I bet operating your snowblower is known to cause cancer in California. Everthing else seems to. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

John
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 08:34 AM
Veteran

Location: Milwaukee(which is algonquin for the good land)WI U.S.A

I had to dig this up from 05' but maybe you should just replace your snowblower with one of these
John
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[ QUOTE ]
How else could a dumb woman get millions of dollars for spilling a hot cup of coffee from McDonald's in her lap.....no reason we have so many lawyers....

[/ QUOTE ]

and that ladys and gents is a notable event in American history that we saw the beginings of the demise of our nation... in my opinion. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

On a somewhat similar note, when I lived in England we had an Electric FlyMow. you know the push mowers with no wheels. pretty cool huh.. I'll just say that I'm glad they put plastic blades on it.
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bag.gif[/img]

Dumb a$$ me ran over one of the extension cords and cut it. so the enginuitive side of me grabbed the wire strippers, electrical tape and snips, Unplugged the two extension cords from one another and went to repairing the 220V cord. Note I said unplugged cords from themselves. I quickly realized I had cut the first cord..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] Where was the sticker warning me of this... Maybe I could've gotten my millions huh? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/violin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 09:43 AM

People need to stop referring to McDonald's Case without knowing the facts. Read them:

http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm

McDonald's created the problem and got 'burned' for it.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Her fault or not, Scalding or not. It lead to people suing for anything.

I didn't sue Black and Decker that made a coffee maker that made Scalding hot coffee. I dumped the coffee on my foot and got second and third degree burns from it. I knew it was hot, I'm the idiot that knocked cup over on my foot. Ya I cussed Black and Decker, but I didn't sue them, or even consider it.

Mc Donalds had 700 reports of Coffee too hot. how many cups did they sell in that 10 year period? The Lady has my sympathy for her pains. knowing how my foot hurt, I couldn't imagine that on my genitals. But Mc D's didn't tell her to hold it in her lap, and she didn't order Ice coffee.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

That is the sickest thing I have ever seen. I don't think I will ever be able to talk my wife into that. I had a hard enough time with the third Jeep.
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode