can i fit 33's - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

can i fit 33\'s

I have a 2005 TJ that has a 2.5" skyjacker susp system im currently running 31x10.50 on stock 15x7 wheels. Question is if I ad a 1" body lift can I run 33x10.50 on my stock wheels? What are yall's thoughts and what does everyone think of this setup with BFG M/T??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Veteran

Location: Milwaukee(which is algonquin for the good land)WI U.S.A

Re: can i fit 33\'s

Yes you can fit 33's with or without the body lift I think you may still have some rubbing at full stuff but it'll be close. As far as the stock wheels are concerned you will be rubbing on the lower control arms when you turn tight I would be suprised if you weren't already dealing with this on the 31's. You can purchase wheels for around $200/4 with the offset you need to stop this.
John
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Old Hand

not sure about the lift, but with regards to the BFG M/T. I havnt heard any thing good about bfg lately. However my TJ has 30x9.5 wrangler MT, and I love them. that said, they are not original tires the jeep is a 99 and it only has 39k on it. Ive put 2k on it sence buying it. So I am not sure how they where or perform off road...they do take some getting used to on the ice (a real problem for Texas lol). might want to do a search on tires. There was a discusson on the "best" tire out there.
Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Wow you guys are fast. I really appreciate it this is my first post and some other sites it would take forever for someone to answer your question. On the BFG I have never ran them before I have actually been running buckshots and they are great for traction for the first 6000-10000 miles but then they wear out so fast i only have 16000 on mine now and im tired of replacing tires so fast i want to go with something that will last at least to 20000 safely and be able to keep an m/t. suprisingly I do not have an issue with the front rubbing on the control arms. however I do have very little clearance in the rear between the left rear tire and the upper coil bucket. Think I can fix that with a trac bar drop??
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Veteran

Location: Milwaukee(which is algonquin for the good land)WI U.S.A

I've had great luck with the the Goodyear MT/R's great traction off-road decent on the road, and they wear well especially if you rotate very regularly. I don't know if trac bar work will give that big of a difference, what is your clearence like on the opposite side. I'll be honest on two points <ul type="square">[*]1. I'm still leaning towards an offset wheel I think your going to end up with rubbing up front especially[*]2. We are this fast because for the most part it's Family, Jeep, Job not always in that order [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img][/list]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Well left side has 1/2 inch or less and right side has 1 inch or more. new wheels is a definate but not sure i want to spend that much right away if i can get by im thinking of doing tires and then wheels about a month or 2 later mounting and balancing prices is no concern my uncle owns a tire shop so its all free (nice since fighting fires doesn't pay that well, not to bad for the actual amount of work I do though) im thinking of the crager black steel with the 8 round holes anyone know anything about these are they as good as the other steel. also anyone wanna buy some stock tj wheels??
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 03:27 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

What part of Texas?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Can't Get Enough

While I can't speak to the rest of your question, I can say that I love my 33" M/T's. They have been great on rocks, snow, rain etc., and they're quiet. I use my Jeep for trails and also as a DD
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

I live and work in Denison Texas which is about 60 miles north of Dallas on the Texas Oklahoma border. We are on the South east corner of Lake Texoma. Some of you may have heard of Denison in the last month because we just lost one of my fellow firefighters in a line of duty death.

Ecamp how many miles do you get out of a set of M/T's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode