OT/ Attn LEVE - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

OT/ Attn LEVE

now that you're a working man, maybe you'll want THIS [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Way Outta Control

Re: OT/ Attn LEVE

Yes, why yes, I would! However I'd have to pry the cash out of my wife's cold - dead hands! But that Power Wagon would be FUN! Thanks for the link. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Just checked with the UPS website and the part has made it through blizzard conditions to Indianapolis. When last reported, the UPS driver and his semi were part of the big Super Bowl parade in downtown INDY and he did not know when, if ever, the festivities might end. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Way Outta Control

Wow Dave, accroding to UPS, that package will have seen more of the US than I have... I'll sit here and wait... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 06:28 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I just checked and found that the party has been moved west, ever so slowly west, to Hodgkins Illinois. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Hey,.....we all know that driving in snow and ice IS a lot tougher. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Like this friend of ours has always wanted to be an over-the-road trucker; but he wants to be home on weekends, he doesn't want to have to drive in really cold weather, and he especially doesn't want to put chains on a truck. I found him the perfect job...... working for Jose Gonzales Trucking, hauling catalopes out of Huron California. It's 110 degrees and the melon season only lasts a month. Then a month later he would be hauling melons out of Mendota California, 105 degrees, and once that thirty day stint was over he could drift down to El Centro and haul out of there in November. Nothing like spending Christmas in Brawley, or Blythe, or Calipatria. Se hable espanol? I even found him a truck, a 1968 Ford that is gonna sell today in a farm auction...needs some work.....but it will match up perfectly with the rest of the melon harvest equipment. No pesky snow and awful weather for those guys, heat and melons, heat and melons, heat and.....what was that?....oh yeah, melons. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I know,.....let's all buy a marginal truck, hand letter the door, and then go out west in the summer to haul cantalopes. We'll make a rule that nobody can spend over two-thousand for the truck; that'll keep it at the: "hobby"level, [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] like the 'claimer class" at the stock car races. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 11:46 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Location: Selma,CA in the middle of the vineyards, Central California

WoW CJDave
You missed San Joaquin, Five Points, Firebaugh & Los Banos (all garden spots). Also the fact that the work starts before sun-up and your done by noon to sit under a Desert Juniper tree drinking beer during the "hot" part of the day.
You may also be 'lowballing' those temps!
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Enthusiast

You just have to like the color red!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

Kriss
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] They could also visit Cantua Creek and Three Rocks on the way from Huron to Mendota, and on Saturday nights they could whoop it up in South Dos Palos. If the Miahoacan Cafe in Huron hadn't burned down, that was a great place to get in a fight after work. Crows Landing after dark is really neat, and don't forget happy hour in the Green Sheet lounge in Patterson. Westley is always a good spot for nabbing a beer at Goularte's, and then dropping in to the Westley market for a down-the-road six pack. Ah, yes....the melon season. Mi gusta su trabajo!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 07:07 AM
Way Outta Control

Well, it's in Illinois! Cool... it'll be here sometime next year!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Yep......it left Hodgkins....disappeared into a snow storm and hasn't been heard from since. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode