OT Ranf Cable in Jail... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

OT Ranf Cable in Jail...

Half the people I know don't even have cable and the prisioners at our county jail get heat, 3 decent meals a day, and frickin cable. I found this detail out after a "buddy" of my roomates/ couch dweller went to jail after trying to out run the cops doing 120, hitting the spike strips, then hitting a family of 3 head on (every one walked away including dip****), he was allready on probation for a dui, didn't have a liscinse, had 3 beers in him, and is under age. He was budies with the judge's son so he didn't have to post bail either. Every morning he had to go blow at the court house and this morning he happed to not blow 0's. So now my tax dollars are paying for him to sit in a warm building to watch cable and eat 3 meals a day. What's this world comming to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Way Outta Control

Re: OT Ranf Cable in Jail...

Welcome to the "real" world... the list in inequities the world just goes on, and on, and on.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 08:31 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I ran a jail for eight years, so I can answer some of your concerns. Federal and State laws mandate a temperature range that has to be maintained. Law also mandates three meals per day with certain dietary minimum/maximums. They have no choice but to provide them or be sued in Federal court, where the jail will lose. The cable T.V. is there for the benefit of the jail officers--not for them to watch, but to keep the inmates occupied so they won't spend the entire day thinking of ways to make life miserable for the staff. Worse yet, inmates have to be given an hour of exercise per day. Our state jail inspector wrote me up twice per year for not providing things like weight machines, ping pong tables, basketballs, etc. I always responded that the inmates were free to do calesthentics (sp), run in place, etc. without the taxpayers buying expensive equipment. It's bull****, but we've had some pretty liberal judges over the years. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 09:50 AM

Another fine example of the outstanding work the ACLU is doing for all those poor mis-understood, abused, neglected, it's not their fault, living on welfare, too lazy to work 'dushbags'.

More proof that lawyers are demobrats.....

Don't get me started....I might say something less than positive...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Can't Get Enough

[rant] TOTAL [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]!!!!! They shouldn't need cable. They should out growing their own food, cleaning up road ways and doing any other number of things to improve the society that they "owe a debt to". [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [/rant]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Veteran

WOW! You guys are so cold hearted! It sounds like you all think jail should be punishment to these helpless idiots! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The system has gone crazy, but who'll change it? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

And the court system is so overloaded, wonder why?

Lawyers need to make a living too, you know, it's their way of staying out of jail, and living well! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Oops! I'm getting started up now! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 04:09 PM

And yet people still wonder why our taxes keep going up.

Until this country gets tough on criminals, criminals will always win.

Pete's way:
Did you sell drugs? Death.
Did you hurt a woman? Death.
Did you hurt a kid? Death.
Did you steal? Death.

....you get the idea.

Pete
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 05:25 PM

One of my hero's.........
Sheriff Joe

When my daughter gets grounded she has it worse than half the jails in the country. Why?.......because she did something wrong and was in trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode